DescriptionSHIFT: Weekends Only
Full-Time Cat Scan Technologist Opportunity
Weekend Availability Required
Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point has been serving the community since 1981. We are a 290-bed acute care hospital located in Hudson, FL and home of the nationally acclaimed Heart Institute. We have more than 350 physicians, 1,264 employees and 500 volunteers on our integrated healthcare delivery team.
Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point has achieved distinction in the following areas:
- Level II Trauma Center
- Comprehensive Stroke Center
- Statutory Teaching Hospital
- Adult Cardiac Surgery & Level 2 Cardiovascular Services
- Accredited Community Cancer Program - American College of Surgeons
- Leapfrog “A” Patient Safety Award
- Most recently earned an “A” grade in the Spring 2021 Leapfrog Hospital Safety Grade, a national distinction recognizing achievements in protecting patients from errors, injuries, accidents, and infections
- Joint Commission Accreditation, Primary Stroke Center and Sepsis Certifications
- Healthgrades Multi-Award Recipient
- Five Star Recipient for Hip Fracture Treatment for 16 years in a row (2005-2020)
- Five Star Recipient for Total Knee Replacement 2020
- Five Star Recipient for Total Hip Replacement 2020
- Five Star Recipient for Spinal Fusion Surgery for 2 years in a row (2019-2020).
- Recipient of Healthgrades Patient Safety Excellence Award™ for 4 years in a Row (2017-2020); Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point is among the top 5% in the nation for Patient Safety
- Recognized as one of the Top 100 Hospitals for Superior Clinical Outcomes in Orthopedic, Spine and Vascular Surgery
Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point is currently accepting applications for a Florida-licensed CT Technologist on a full-time basis. ARRT (CT) and BLS are necessary for consideration. The schedule for this CT Technologist opportunity includes 13-hours shifts (0700-2030) on Saturdays, Sundays and Mondays weekly. Please note our facility is a Level II Trauma Center which requires availabilty for rotating call assignments. Apply today for immediate consideration.The CT Technologist provides computerized assisted tomographic service to adolescent, adult and geriatric patients per physician orders. He/she follows established standards and practices under the direction of the Radiologist. - Possesses sound and thorough operational knowledge of the CT scanner, pressure injector, resuscitation equipment, laser filmer and teleradiology system; - Selects proper technical factors for study; - Denotes regions of interest and/or pathology; - Submits accurate and technically sound procedures assuring only optimal images are submitted for interpretation; - Applies 3D reconstructed images when indicated or requested by the physician; - Demonstrates knowledge of specific conditions, diseases and treatment for specific patient populations of the department; - Obtains and records all pertinent clinical information relating to the procedure ordered including but not limited to pregnancy, allergies, lab tests, correlative procedure results, reason for study and patient complaint/symptoms; - Properly determines type of contrast media to be given based on the patient's medical history and established policy/procedures; - Can recognize a contrast reaction and assist the physician in the administration of emergency treatment as indicated; - Operates all equipment safely utilizing ALARA principles; - Completes all related documentation and changes according to department policy; - Assures all required documentation, forms, charges and the patient's medical record are completed; - Completes all required fields within the MEDITECH module accurately and on time; - Assists, transfers and positions patients as needed, ensuring modesty and safely utilizing auxiliary equipment and/or devices indicated; - Checks the operation of the equipment, maintains cleanliness of table and equipment to prevent cross-contamination of contagious diseases and keeps room stocked (linens and necessary supplies); - Keeps up to date with changes in the field of computerized tomography by in-service study, attending courses or seminars as necessary/recommended, and participates in professional organizations; and - Accepts on-call and call-back responsibilities as needed to provide optimum patient care.
At HCA Healthcare, we are committed to providing our employees with the support they need. Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point offers an array of medical, dental, and vision packages, Paid Time Off (PTO), as well as several add-on perks to make your total compensation package truly customizable. Options available when you join our team:
- Generous tuition reimbursement programs
- Flex-spending programs for eligible healthcare and dependent care expenses
- 401k with 100% annual match at 3%-9% of pay based on years of service
- Discounts for auto, home & even pet insurance
- Life & disability insurance upgrades
- Identity theft protection
- Adoption assistance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
At HCA Healthcare, we are all caregivers. Your ability to make a difference with our patients is at the foundation of all we do. For over 50 years, HCA has been committed to our patients and to our employees. If you are interested in joining a team where patient focus is #1, apply now!
- Completion of an approved vocational program from an accredited institution
- Clear/active Florida Department of Health licensure (CRT)
- Valid ARRT (R) and ARRT (CT)
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification
- One (1) to three (3) years of recent/current experience as a CT Technologist in an acute-care hospital setting
- Highly organized, self-motivated and personable with excellent customer service skills
- General computer skills; MEDITECH a plus
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website