DescriptionSHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)
Access Center Coordinator, Overland Park, KS - FT Day
Do you have a passion for healthcare and helping others? Do you enjoy working in a fast-paced, patient-centered environment? Jump-start your career in our Psychiatric Call Center department. Submit your application today!
Our Access Coordinators are a committed, caring group of colleagues. We have a passion for creating positive patient interactions. If you are dedicated to caring for the well-being of others, this could be your next opportunity. We want your knowledge and expertise!Benefits:
Our employees come first. We provide a total compensation package to make sure your needs are met. Choose the medical coverage package that best suits you. Look after your loved ones while still getting paid with our Paid Family Leave. Plan for your future with our matching 401k or opt-in for several other benefits including tuition assistance, student loan repayment, PTO, family and medical flex spending accounts, life insurance, dental, and identity theft protection.Come Grow With Us.
Your passion is caring. So is ours. Come grow your career with us—become a member of a collaborative team whose mission focuses on the care and improvement of human life
At the Kansas City research hospital and ER, our mission is to touch lives with hope, healing, comfort and care. Located in beautiful Kansas City, Missouri, our hospital system is comprised of three health clinics that embody the heart of the HCA Midwest Health system. Our additional two campuses include Research Medical Center Brookside Campus, 6601 Rockhill Rd, and Research Psychiatric Center, 2323 E 63rd St.
At Research Psychiatric Center, above all else, we are committed to the care and improvement of human life. Research Psychiatric Center has provided comprehensive behavioral health services for more than 25 years to teenagers, adults and seniors dealing with emotional disorders, mental illness and substance abuse. Research Psychiatric Center is a 100 bed facility.
This a truly state of the art technology Transfer Center in Overland Park, KS. Using our In-Touch technology, we provide emergency triage and crisis assessment to determine, and co-facilitate, the required plan of care to ensure optimal safety and patient outcomes across the age and mental health disease spectrum. Our assessments may be conducted in emergency room settings, and other locations, and by tele-assessment.
What you will do in this role:
- The Access Center Coordinator responds to phone calls, fax, and e-mail requests for information, admission, transfer, and other non-clinical information. This role supports that clinical assessment team by assuring rapid response to requests for services.
- Gathers initial information which is communicated to the clinicians for assessment and next steps.
- Helps to locate available resources and coordinates information to support patient disposition.
- Coordinates and participates with appropriate interested parties and physicians through the patient response inquiry, admission, treatment and discharge process.
- Tracks and reports on all key indicators related to calls, assessment, admissions.
- Gathers information and develops reports outlining activities as directed including volume, response time, and outcomes.
- Ensures patient rights and confidentiality.
- Provides input, suggestions and support appropriately.
- Participates as an active member of the multidisciplinary team.
- Completes additional duties as assigned.
What qualifications you will need:Education:
- High school diploma or GED equivalency required, BA degree preferred
- Certification as an EMT or Paramedic preferred
- Two years of experience working in behavioral health, customer service, or related field
- Prefer experience working in a call center environment or similar fast-paced multi-task work environment
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of current behavioral health concepts, principles and methods helpful
- Possess good organization skills and be able to act on multiple tasks
- Ability to self-manage by taking responsibility to initiate, assess and take action as well as ability to function calmly in stressful situations
- Demonstrates ability to prioritize based on department goals and objectives
- Ability to follow established policy and procedures when performing job functions
- Able to use multiple means of technology to complete job functions
- Interacts and communicates with others in a way that promotes a positive and cooperative work environment
Hospital Corporation of America (HCA) is a leading healthcare provider with over 31.2 million patient encounters a year at locations in 21 states including the UK. We care about our community! HCA has been continually named one of Ethisphere's most ethical company's in the world since 2010. In 2018, HCA spent an estimated $3.3 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply. We promptly review all applications. If you are highly qualified you will hear from one of our managers. Come unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website