SCHEDULE: PRN/Per Diem
Do you want to be a part of a family and not just another employee? Are you looking for a work environment where diversity and inclusion thrive? Submit your application today and find out what it truly means to be a part of a team. We are seeking a CT Tech to help provide our patients with high quality, efficient care. We are an amazing team working hard to support each other and are seeking a phenomenal addition like you who feels patient care is as meaningful as we do.
Hospital Corporation of America (HCA) is a leading healthcare provider with over 31.2 million patient encounters a year at locations in 21 states including the UK. We care about our community! HCA has been continually named one of Ethisphere's most ethical company's in the world since 2010. In 2018, HCA spent an estimated $3.3 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
Reston Hospital Center is a 187-bed hospital offering a full range of medical services, including 24-hour emergency care, specializing in maternal/child health, surgical services, urological services, cancer care with state-of-the-art radiation therapy, rehabilitation therapy programs and a wide array of diagnostic imaging capabilities. Reston Hospital Center is a certified Stroke Center, certified Total Joint Center and the only accredited Chest Pain Center in Northern Virginia, as well as the only Hospital in Northern Virginia to receive Joint Commission designation as a Top Performer on Key Quality measures for three consecutive years.. We are dedicated to enhancing the health and quality of life in our community and we value teamwork and compassion across the spectrum of care.What would you do in this role?
1. Perform all CT procedures in strict accordance with currently approved practices as outlined in department policy and procedure manual and comply with all applicable federal, state, local and other regulatory requirements.
2. Controls the flow of patients within the section, in an efficient and timely fashion.
3. Utilizes supportive protective (i.e., radiation shielding) and immobilization devices as required for patient safety and comfort.
4. Communicate to the patient the nature of the procedure and answer questions clarifying the procedure for the patient.
5. Demonstrates practical application of age-related factors.
6. Assures patient rights and privacy are maintained.
7. Reports any significant problems related to patient, physicians, procedures, housekeeping, maintenance, supplies, or personnel to the Lead Technologist and/or Assistant Director.
8. Properly wear radiation monitoring devices.
9. Demonstrates competency in IV access and IV contrast administration.
10. Cares for patients while they are in Radiology Department by checking IV's, catheters, tubing airways, and patient monitoring equipment.
11. Utilize proper sterile techniques in setting up and performing interventional procedures
12. Properly administers oral and rectal preparations to patients for exams per protocol
13. Performs resconstructions/3-D imaging and CT angiography per protocol.
14. Maintains continuing education credits for ARRT licensure.
15. Demonstrates competency in operating the power injector in a safe manner per department protocol.
16. Works efficiently and performs all exams within allocated timeframe.
17. Properly enters charges for exams in RIS (Meditech) in a timely manner.
18. Takes call as assigned by Lead Technologist.
Education: Graduate of an AMA approved program.
Experience: Registered with ARRT in Radiography and CT.
Experience: Ability to perform CT procedures following accepted standards and protocols.
We are a family 270,000 strong! Our Talent Acquisition team is reviewing applications immediately. Highly qualified candidates will be promptly contacted by our hiring managers for interviews. Submit your resume today to join our community of caring!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website