We are looking for talented individuals who share our dedication to the people we serve and support.
You're passionate about helping individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities and are looking for an opportunity that will allow you to make a difference in their lives while providing you with a rewarding experience.
RHA Health Services is looking for a driven, resourceful and compassionate Residential Habilitation Specialist to join our interdisciplinary healthcare team focused on creating, implementing and supporting programs aimed at helping clients achieve personal outcomes, by mentoring and modeling personal outcome programs for clients and home care staff.
In this dynamic role, you will work closely with the interdisciplinary team writing evaluations, training programs, program notes, and training home care staff in program implementation procedures.
If you're looking for an opportunity to truly make a difference in the lives of the people that you serve then consider RHA Health Services where we put people first!
As a Habilitation Specialist, you will be responsible for conducting Quality Assurance assessments for mealtime, active treatment, and formal programs, focusing on areas of adaptive behavior including self-help, daily living, community living, education, socialization, pre-vocational, vocational and recreation.
Additional responsibilities of the Residential Habilitation Specialist include:
- Evaluating and assessing each client's current level of adaptive behavior, areas of self-help, daily living, personal safety, community living, academics, pre-vocational and vocational skills upon admission and updates annually
- Developing personal outcome programs based on priority objectives identified by the interdisciplinary team
- Specifying behavioral objectives, training methods, reinforcers, criteria, data collection method, and task analysis or training steps for each program; writing program and implementing within required timelines
- Observing and providing feedback while working closely with home care staff as they carry out personal outcome program procedures; providing encouragement and offering suggestions for fine-tuning intent of programs and overall support plan
- Reviewing and documenting formal programs on 30-day cycles to modify as appropriate and conducting in-service training
- Conducting Personal Outcome Interviews along with other staff members to assist in identifying outcomes and supports
Additional requirements for the Residential Habilitation Specialist role include:
- Bachelor's Degree in Social Work, Social Services, Special Education, or Psychology or related Human Services degree
- 1 year of experience working with persons with intellectual and developmental disabilities
- Valid drivers' license and automotive insurance
- Ability to read and interpret professional journals, technical procedures, and governmental regulations
- Ability to write reports and business correspondence
- Ability to pass background check and drug screen
- CPR, first aid, NCI and/or role specific certification, a plus
Successful candidates for the Residential Habilitation Specialist are able to utilize a variety of assessment tools to develop habilitation programs for clients who usually have multiple developmental, physical, or behavior problems. Someone who displays communication skills that foster teamwork would be a good fit for this role
RHA Health Services Inc. offers a competitive compensation and benefits package to eligible employees that are aimed at supporting your health and wellness, financial planning, work-life balance, and protection from the unexpected. We are known for providing high-quality services, excellent staff training and opportunities for advancement for employees at all levels of the organization.
The comprehensive compensation and benefits package for full-time employees includes:
- Competitive compensation program including regular performance feedback and coaching
- Healthcare insurance: Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability, Voluntary Benefits, Employee Assistance Program, Telemed and Pharmacy Insurance, Health Advocate service which assists employees find doctors, schedule appointments, estimate costs, answer medical/prescription questions, resolve medical claims issues and basically does the leg-work for employees
- Offering free diabetic medication and supplies
- 401(k) retirement savings program with Wells Fargo
- Paid Time Off
- Company sponsored Life and AD&D Insurance
- Extensive Wellness Programs including company paid scholarships for healthy weight management and nicotine cessation, several wellness challenges and rewards through the year.
- Free Annual Health Screening and Wellness coaching event.
- Discounted medical premiums for nicotine free employees.
- Free CPR, first aid, and job-specific training opportunities
- Opportunity to make a difference in the lives of the people that you serve!
If you are ready to make a difference in the lives of people we serve and support apply to join the team today.
Apply on company website