BREAK GROUND ON A REWARDING CAREER WITH US!
At MDC Holdings, Inc./Richmond American Homes, we encourage a company culture that promotes professionalism, teamwork, health & wellness and work-life balance. If you are a results-driven professional with a passion for success, consider building a career with us. We're proud to be one of the most established builders in the industry, with 42 years of experience and 210,000 homes to our credit.
We are looking for a VMware Horizon veteran to take over ownership of the current VDI environment. The infrastructure is running on VMware vSphere and Horizon View. There are several pools with around 1000 desktops. Instant clones and other upgrades are in the planning stages. Profile Unity is used for user data redirection. Liquidware Labs' Stratusphere is the performance monitor. VRealize is available.
The physical environment consists of Cisco UCS hardware: Fabric Interconnects, Chassis, M5 and M6 class blades with flash storage on a Pure array
· SME (Subject Matter Expert) for VMware Horizon View
· Client experience optimization
· Client OS imaging, and application deployment
· Infrastructure upgrading and patching (vSphere, Horizon)
· Active Directory OU and Group Policy design and implementation
· Microsoft O365 integration with VDI
· Windows System Administration (DNS, AD, DHCP, Printing)
This is an engineering level position at the Company. VDI design, future planning, and optimization will be the main responsibilities. The position requires the use of current optimization and performance-based tools, although they can change over time. Windows Administration will also be required.
- High School Diploma
- 7+ years Virtualization experience
- Horizon View Administration, Design and Implementation
- vSphere experience is a bonus
- Practical experience patching, upgrading VMware Horizon View
- 7+ years in a Microsoft Enterprise environment
- DNS, DHCP, AD, Group Policy
- SharePoint, Citrix Sharefile, Enterprise Printing experience is a bonus
- Excellent communication skills
- Team player on a small team
- Willingness to provide some server support as needed
- Ticket management and prioritization
- Advanced networking (IP addressing, routing, switching, virtual networking design, setup)
- Profile Unity, Stratusphere software from Liquidware labs experience
- Microsoft O365 administration
- Citrix Sharefil
Benefits & Perks!
While we value hard work, we also recognize the importance of having fun! Our employees enjoy a collaborative environment where they can freely bounce ideas off one another and participate in exciting teambuilding activities and outings, like trips to the ballpark, holiday celebrations, regular office socials and much more.
- Positive, collaborative team culture
- Competitive compensation structure
- Comprehensive benefits package includes: Medical, Dental, Vision, HSA/FSA accounts, 401K, Life Insurance, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, and EAP
- Time Off benefits include: Vacation, Sick, Holiday, Bereavement, Jury Duty, FMLA, and Military leave
- Discounted pet insurance
- Home purchase discounts & more!
*All benefits are subject to qualification and hire dates. Not all benefits apply to commissioned sales people.
- Base Salary: $75,000 - $90, 000
- FLSA Status: Exempt
- Bonus Type: Year-end Discretionary
If you are ready for more than a job and seek a career with one of the most respected organizations in a top industry then we want to hear from you. Please also visit our website at www.richmondamerican.com for more information.
MDC Holdings, Inc. / Richmond American Homes is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Apply on company website