If you are a current employee, please STOP and apply through the Careers Application in WorkdayJob Description Summary: Join our RNDC Oregon Sales Management Team in the Wine Industry!
The District Manager's job is to support the state's business through collaboration, communication, coaching and execution to maximize performance across the region. In this role, you will work to achieve established strategic sales initiatives to meet corporate and supplier objectives for assigned market, customers, and channels and maximize the sale of supplier brands to the retail trade/customers and consumers. Leading a team of sales representatives and helping them develop their careers and expertise. This position leads our Medford, OR sales team and reports to the Vice President of Sales. Job Description:
District Managers are expected to plan their own time and activities as well as those of their assigned personnel to ensure achievement of company and supplier sales and objectives by:
- Developing monthly programs and adhering to forecast data.
- Establishing specific, measurable, and achievable objectives compatible with company and supplier priorities for each associate on your team.
- Knowing and analyzing supplier brands, company sales organization, the assigned marketplace trends, competitive wholesalers and assigned supervisory areas.
- Identifying on an ongoing basis distribution gap and developing a strategy to overcome issues.
- Utilizing available resources to maximize results within area of responsibility.
District Managers are expected to direct the execution of the business plan to achieve financial objectives for assigned market / customer and channel by:
- Training all associates in accordance with the programs and procedures of the company's training system.
- Working with assigned associates to establish sales programs and strategies.
- Providing leadership, guidance and support needed to attain the commitment and motivation of all assigned associates.
- Conducting meetings as needed to effectively communicate objectives, programs, strategies, policies, and procedures to assigned associates.
- Ensuring that assigned associates adhere to the federal, state, and local laws and regulations governing the sales of alcoholic beverage products.
District Managers are expected to organize the structure and utilization of all assigned supervisory areas to ensure achievement of company and supplier objectives by:
- Attracting, developing, and thus retaining sales and management teams.
- Organizing assigned associate's schedules to concentrate on in-field activities.
- Ensuring that the structure of all sales territories provide the account coverage and service frequency levels consistent with actual potential sales volume and reasonable customer requirements.
District Managers are expected to serve as information resources for, and conduits between, the field and senior management by:
- Providing specific and current information on supplier, market, sales and merchandising results and/or problems.
- Formulating recommendations that will strengthen the sales and merchandising results for supplier brands.
- Submitting required reports promptly and accurately as directed by management.
- Maintaining reliable, up-to-date sales performance and personnel records.
- Imparting knowledge of the major responsibilities, accountabilities, and organization of the sales function to sales team.
- Maintaining and developing positive business relationships with suppliers and customers, including providing them with requested business reviews and information.
- Communicating all sales issues and opportunities for their respective area of responsibility.
Job Specific Competencies
Sales Function: Knowledge of the major responsibilities, accountabilities, and organization of the sales function and sales information systems.
Sales Tasks & Activities: Knowledge of processes, tools, techniques, and theory behind selling the organization's products or services.
Knowledge of Customers & Sales Channels: Knowledge of and ability to coordinate multiple and diverse options for selling the organization's products and services. Knowledge of and ability to utilize customer profile and information.
Key Success Competencies: Drive/Energy, influencing skills, integrity, learning agility, problem-solving & decision-making skills, self-objectivity, talent development
8+ years of experience in the beverage alcohol industry
3+ years of people management experience
Bachelor's degree in related field or equivalent experience
Excellent communication, negotiation, analytical and leadership skills
Proven track record of successful sales and management skills
Prior experience and knowledge of Microsoft Office environment
Ability to work with management, direct reports, and customers throughout the business and industry at every level
The ability to train and develop assigned personnel
Must possess valid driver's license, reliable vehicle and clean DMV record
We are an Equal Opportunity employer.
Enjoy a career with us!
Apply on company website