If you are a current employee at Ryder (not a Contractor or temporary employee through a staffing agency), please click here (http://wd5.myworkday.com/ryder/d/task/1422$3.htmld) to log in to Workday to apply using the internal application process. To learn how to apply for a position using the Career worklet, please review this quick reference guide (https://rydersystems.service-now.com/sys\attachment.do?sys\id=a39f83621bd99050632a4223cd4bcb91) .
You are the driving force behind our company.
Start your career with Ryder today!
The Accounting Coordinator II is responsible for performing a variety of tasks that require high level analytical skills (e.g. account reconciliations, preparing reports, etc. ) as well as attention to detail (e.g. when entering data within the system). The position requires application of computer skills (e.g. Excel, Word, etc.) to complete certain procedures within assigned functional area. This position works with direct supervision and instructions for routine assignments, and detailed information for new work or special assignments. This position requires the individual to have a good knowledge of the position or area and substantial understanding of the job.
The employee will also be handle the various requests received in connection to the Fleet Buy Out (FBO)/Takeover process. This includes reviewing the supporting documentation received for completeness and accuracy, completing the Takeover package for Management's review, and processing the necessary journal entries and tracking monthly schedules.
- Complete necessary month close procedures, such as: creating/posting journal entries, preparing reporting schedules to be distributed to other groups, and/or complete account reconciliations.
- Complete data input timely and accurately so that relevant information is updated appropriately within the system.
- Develop/update desk procedures for tasks performed.
- Assist team members within the department with various tasks during periods of high volumes and/or special projects.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Skills and Abilities
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.)
- Capable of multi-tasking, highly organized, with excellent time management skills
- Detailed oriented with excellent follow-up practices
- Extremely reliable, timely and consistent
- Open to taking direction and coachable
- Flexibility to operate and self-driven to excel in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to create and maintain professional relationships within all levels of the organization (peers, work groups, customers, supervisors)
- H.S. diploma/GED required High School Degree or equivalent
- Bachelor's degree preferred Bachelor's Degree or equivalent
- One (1) year or more of experience in an Accounting Department and office setting in a large company required
Job Category: Accounting
Ryder is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Requisition ID: R22883
Job Type: Full time
Ryder operates behind the scenes, managing critical fleet, transportation and supply chain functions for over 50,000 customers, many of which make the products that consumers use every day. When you choose Ryder, you get access to industry-leading technology, one of North America's largest fleet of trucks, an expansive infrastructure of maintenance facilities and warehouses, and some of the most talented people in the industry.
Apply on company website