If you are a current employee at Ryder (not a Contractor or temporary employee through a staffing agency), please click here (http://wd5.myworkday.com/ryder/d/task/1422$3.htmld) to log in to Workday to apply using the internal application process. To learn how to apply for a position using the Career worklet, please review this quick reference guide (https://rydersystems.service-now.com/sys\attachment.do?sys\id=a39f83621bd99050632a4223cd4bcb91) .
You are the driving force behind our company.
Start your career with Ryder today!
The Group Director of Sales position will provide leadership and sales management for the new business development and account management activities within an identified sales territory. The incumbent will be accountable for the development, management and execution of a multi-level sales plan designed to attain revenue growth and business retention goals. The job is focused on ecommerce distribution – multi client small package storage and fulfillment.
- Direct, manage and develop 5 - 8 multi-level sales professionals in, developing, growing and retaining business to achieve stated sales and retention goals Plan, organize, direct and provide leadership to achieve the short and long term business growth and retention objectives
- Ensure the development and implementation of strategic and tactical marketing initiative for assigned territory
- Develop and lead the execution of processes and sales activities designed to retain and grow current customers
- Interface with Ryder's customers and prospects to ensure the maximum development of opportunities associated with the full breadth of Ryder's products and services
- Ensure knowledge of competitor's strengths and weaknesses and manage execution of competitive strategy
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Skills and Abilities
- Advanced knowledge of financial elements such as balance sheets, cost of capital, depreciation, tax reporting, etc(preferred)
- Expert knowledge of transportation and food industry, to include general principles and logistics of freight movement(preferred)
- Propriety Ryder software and tools (SOM, SAM, Notes, Options, LVO, LVL VP97, D and B, RIDE, etc.) (preferred)
- Ryder sales process - Ryder products and service(preferred)
- Must demonstrate the following competencies: -- Motivating/Directing Others -- Drive for results -- Customer Focus -- Business Acumen -- Managing vision and purpose(preferred)
- Bachelor's degree required in Business, Marketing or Transportation or related field
- Master's degree preferred or equivalent experience
- Seven (7) years or more demonstrated successful sales management experience including knowledge of competitive analysis, strategizing and execution, and negotiation tools and techniques required
Job Category: Sales Leadership
Ryder is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Apply on company website