If you are a current employee at Ryder (not a Contractor or temporary employee through a staffing agency), please click here (http://wd5.myworkday.com/ryder/d/task/1422$3.htmld) to log in to Workday to apply using the internal application process. To learn how to apply for a position using the Career worklet, please review this quick reference guide (https://rydersystems.service-now.com/sys\attachment.do?sys\id=a39f83621bd99050632a4223cd4bcb91) .
You are the driving force behind our company.
Start your career with Ryder today!
The Group Manager of Freight Brokerage is responsible for all client facing transportation management activities including management of a team of Freight Brokers. Position will be responsible for management of Account executives pursuing customer sales and carrier coverage. Also including involvement in growing sales team and developing employees. In addition to direct client facing responsibilities, position may also support Supply Chain Services vertical as part of integrated solutions.
- Building a team of great freight brokers to deliver results.
- Maintaining strong relationships with multiple carriers.
- Negotiating contracts and pricing agreements with carriers.
- Setting the direction and tone of the department while bringing the energy, grit, and work ethic necessary to elevate department effectiveness and productivity.
- Sourcing and negotiating with qualified carriers to move freight.
- Managing carrier updates, communications, and movements.
- Maintaining documentation to ensure compliance standards are met.
- Developing carrier performance and satisfaction metrics and understanding matters related to P&Ls.
- Ensuring the work environment is customer focused, positive and based on trust and respect.
- Maintaining a high degree of confidentiality with issues related to staff (private and personal matters), rates, customers, and other proprietary items.
- Properly communicating company policies and plans to all associates and communicate employee feedback to upper management.
- Supervising key staff to monitor operations ensuring workload is completed per customer expectations: efficiently, safely and compliant with all applicable regulations
- Assisting with marketing and sales efforts and planning the strategic direction of the Trucking & Logistics department Implementing schedule and policy changes
- Collaborating with other managers and staff to formulate and implement policies, procedures, goals, and objectives
- Collaborating with accounting staff and sales team to monitor timely payments
- In conjunction with the Director of Hiring Strategies, helping evaluate, hire, and onboard, the Freight Brokerage department team and coaching and developing toward continual improvement
- Position is responsible for customer satisfaction, employee selection/development, organic revenue growth and achievement of aggressive financial targets
- Applies product knowledge to develop enhanced solutions for the customer improving customer satisfaction while improving revenue/margins for Ryder
- Works cohesively with all Ryder internal subject matter experts including Sales, Transportation Management Center Operations, Supply Chain Excellence, marketing, Pricing, Finance & IT
- Alignment of efforts and results to customer requirements and scope of work
- Development and management of field support teams including staffing and workload planning. Development of field support strategies. Developing and monitoring of field support measures and performance
- New customer implementation support
- Development and management of corrective actions and continuous process improvement. Development and improvement of standardized work processes
- Financial Management and Reporting. Account Performance Management and Reporting
- Supervises others (hire, promote, coach, development and performance management)
- Establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect. Ability to negotiate with customers as new opportunities are identified, priced, negotiated and implemented
- Strategic customer initiatives. Develop saving opportunities for Ryder and customer
- Manages crisis situations by taking charge and obtaining necessary resource support
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Skills and Abilities
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to create and maintain professional relationships within all levels of the organization (peers, work groups, customers, supervisors)Strong ability to work with others (customer,carriers, & Ryder)Comfort around higher management
- Develops and delivers effective presentations
- Effective leadership and command skills, and decision quality
- Developing direct reports and others
- Ability to lead/manage others
- Innovation Management, Managing & Measuring work, motivating others
- Ability to build strong customer relationships
- Ability to negotiate & drive for results
- Possesses strong technical aptitude
- Demonstrates problem solving skills
- Demonstrates analytical skills
- Strategic agility
- Builds and manages effective teams
- Bachelor's degree required in Business, Logistics or related field of study or minimum 8 yrs. experience
- Master's degree preferred MBA, Logistics or related field
- Extensive knowledge of the Freight Brokerage and Transportation Industry Experience managing brokers and administrative personnel
- Eight (8) years or more Industry related experience required
- Eight (8) years or more previous experience supervising others required
- Eight (8) years or more previous experience with financials and a financial acumen required
DOT Regulated: No
Job Category: Transportation
Ryder is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Apply on company website