If you are a current employee at Ryder (not a Contractor or temporary employee through a staffing agency), please click here (http://wd5.myworkday.com/ryder/d/task/1422$3.htmld) to log in to Workday to apply using the internal application process. To learn how to apply for a position using the Career worklet, please review this quick reference guide (https://rydersystems.service-now.com/sys\attachment.do?sys\id=a39f83621bd99050632a4223cd4bcb91) .
You are the driving force behind our company.
Start your career with Ryder today!
The Material Planning Associate III will be responsible for operational functions, independent decision making related to material availability and inventory control.
Schedule: Monday - Friday 7:00 am - 3:30 pm
- Follow-up all purchased parts to ensure shipment and on-time delivery performance to support production requirements
- Serve as main point of contact for all suppliers. Provide direction to suppliers regarding ship schedule requirements and containment plan when behind schedule. Includes decision making on timing for supplier ship schedules - allowing them to push material out, pull ahead and expedite material as needed based on inventory coverage at plant
- Track critical parts and develop/execute containment plan to ensure no interruptions or down time to manufacturing line, inclusive of decision making on mode and required delivery window to ensure continuity of production
- Coordinate and/or arrange for alternative sources of material, requests for spot buys, if necessary (SPO and other GM Plants)
- Independent monitoring, set-up, and cancellation of truck loads for material pick-up, as necessary to support schedule variations. Ensure proper material coverage at lowest possible cost for customer
- Review part buffers to determine that they cover build requirements. (Metal Centers and Powertrain).
- Document and manage S and AV code exceptions (Assembly Plants) including Alarm Interval maintenance. Determine root-cause and take appropriate action
- MGO Data Maintenance. Maintain accurate inventory levels in MGO, making appropriate adjustments where necessary. Make judgments on posting inventory adjustments based on investigation and analysis. Investigate and process any record adjustment requests from the previous shift
- Perform other duties as assigned
Skills and Abilities
- Ability to create and maintain professional relationships within all levels of the organization (peers, work groups, customers, supervisors)
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team
- Flexibility to operate and self-driven to excel in a fast-paced environment
- Capable of multi-tasking, highly organized, with excellent time management skills
- Strong organizational, problem solving and communication skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Flexible work schedule
- H.S. diploma/GED required
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- One (1) year or more administrative experience preferred. preferred
- Five (5) years or more relevant experience strongly recommended. preferred
Materials Planning & Scheduling
Ryder is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Ryder operates behind the scenes, managing critical fleet, transportation and supply chain functions for over 50,000 customers, many of which make the products that consumers use every day. When you choose Ryder, you get access to industry-leading technology, one of North America's largest fleet of trucks, an expansive infrastructure of maintenance facilities and warehouses, and some of the most talented people in the industry.
Apply on company website