If you are a current employee at Ryder (not a Contractor or temporary employee through a staffing agency), please click here (http://wd5.myworkday.com/ryder/d/task/1422$3.htmld) to log in to Workday to apply using the internal application process. To learn how to apply for a position using the Career worklet, please review this quick reference guide (https://rydersystems.service-now.com/sys\attachment.do?sys\id=a39f83621bd99050632a4223cd4bcb91) .
You are the driving force behind our company.
Start your career with Ryder today!
The Supervisor Shipment Management is responsible for interfacing with internal & external customers on all issues including regular business review, customer site visits and internal & external presentations of account status updates. Daily conference calls with clients in support of start-ups/on going business demands. Supervisory responsibilities for Coordinators to include cross-training of account(s). Provide logistical solutions to customer requirements and requests. Tracking and reporting of financial metrics and measurements. Ensure adequate development and execution of training program for level operational activities.
- Customer Interface and Service: Direct interface with internal and external customers on operational issues and tactical communications
- Operational Responsibility: Direct supervisory responsibilities for all SMC's and responsibility to provide direction to SMRs
- Tactical Account Level Operational Support: Direct support of front line execution of customer business requirements. Also provide strong support on customer solution development and deployment
- Continuous Improvement & ISO 9001 Quality Program: Responsible for insuring that account level quality system is maintained in accordance with site/service wide ISO 9001 quality system. Function as an internal ISO auditor
- Reporting, MOPs and Metrics: Responsible for accumulating and reporting of account specific metrics and measurements to SMCC management
- Operational Planning: Planning staffing and operational requirements at the account level based on customer needs and known forecasting of customer demands
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Skills and Abilities
- Ability to lead/manage others
- Demonstrated ability to manage a diverse workforce in a command center environment
- Effective leadership skills
- Maintains a high degree of professionalism
- Ability to represent the company with external constituents
- Ability to build strong customer relationships
- Direct customer interface (internal/external) on all customer related issues
- Demonstrates a high level of accuracy, even under pressure
- Ability to communicate effectively and work in a team environment under reasonable pressures in a fast paced environment
- Demonstrates problem solving skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to create and maintain professional relationships within all levels of the organization (peers, work groups, customers, supervisors)
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team
- Flexibility to operate and self-driven to excel in a fast-paced environment
- Capable of multi-tasking, highly organized, with excellent time management skills
- Detail oriented with excellent follow-up practices
- Bachelor's degree required Degree in related field plus 2 years Logistics experience
- Two (2) years or more Logistics experience required
DOT Regulated: No
Job Category: Transportation
Ryder is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Apply on company website