If you are a current employee at Ryder (not a Contractor or temporary employee through a staffing agency), please click here at http://wd5.myworkday.com/ryder/d/task/1422$3.htmld to log in to Workday to apply using the internal application process. To learn how to apply for a position using the Career worklet, please review this quick reference guide .
You are the driving force behind our company.
Start your career with Ryder today!
The Transportation Application Associate II is dynamic and can have frequent reprioritization of current projects within the Four key functions: Systematic order processing: Manage client specific freight strategies via electronic business rule automation. Process systematic optimization/consolidation of client orders. Carrier Contract Maintenance: Maintain/Create carrier rating structure, carrier transit matrix and carrier fuel tables within database system based on Carrier Rate Contracts. Account Analytics: Monthly/Quarterly review of account metrics. Identify opportunities within data to reduce freight spend or increase efficiency within processes. Use analytical expertise to demonstrate and implement changes to system processes. Issue Resolution: Monitor, root cause and resolve issues relating to Systematic order processing, Carrier contract maintenance, Account Analytics.
- Responsible for four key functions on 1-5 client accounts
- Create/Maintain account specific process documents & Metrics
- Create/Maintain carrier tariffs(rate contracts) and transit matrix within database system
- Act as consultant for Internal & External clients on database configuration opportunities related to assigned accounts. Issue resolution within database system
- Identify/Implement continuous process improvements on assigned accounts: Systematic Automation or Business Rule adjustments which can positively impact the overall client solution
- Identify opportunities within database system that are not currently utilized and determine how the functions can be used on future client solutions
- Occasionally responsible for launching new client accounts within database system and all decision connected to the system configurations outside of IT
- Account specific related to Tariff Structure, Automation Structure, Day to Day changes on the account that are not connected to a large account change
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Skills and Abilities
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrate engaging professional presence
- Capable of multi-tasking, highly organized, with excellent time management skills
- Ability to create and maintain professional relationships within all levels of the organization (peers, work groups, customers, supervisors)
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team
- Flexibility to operate and self-driven to excel in a fast-paced environment
- Detail oriented with excellent follow-up practices
- Bachelor's degree required in Business, Supply Chain Management, Logistics, other related field or equivalent related experience
- Three (3) years or more previous experience working with customers or carriers preferred
Ryder is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Ryder operates behind the scenes, managing critical fleet, transportation and supply chain functions for over 50,000 customers, many of which make the products that consumers use every day. When you choose Ryder, you get access to industry-leading technology, one of North America's largest fleet of trucks, an expansive infrastructure of maintenance facilities and warehouses, and some of the most talented people in the industry.
Apply on company website