Science Applications International Corporation (SAIC) currently has an opening for a Training Analyst. A challenging instructor position that equips students with the knowledge and skills to perform operations, system administration, network monitoring, fault isolation and system restoration of the Consolidated Afloat Networks and Enterprise Services (CANES). Instructor will be working onsite and hand-in-hand with military/civilian instructors assigned to the Center for Information Warfare Training (CIWT) Information Warfare Training Command (IWTC) 198 Lexington Boulevard, Building 39, Room 115, Joint Base Pearl Harbor-Hickam, HI 96860.
- Implement and execute instructor-led or facilitated training courses using standardized practices and procedures to train military/civilian personnel.
- Provide subject matter expertise to develop, test, and maintain curriculum.
- Conduct individualized and classroom/lab/training sessions, work on problems of diverse scope, and may determine methods and procedures for improving the training environment and curriculum.
- Interact on a daily basis with students, customers, and stakeholders.
- Train military personnel or civilian equivalents and other system administrator personnel in the data transport, voice and video services, systems management, cybersecurity, configuration, administration, and troubleshooting of CANES.
- Instruction includes labs that reinforce the information discussed. System troubleshooting provides further understanding of the interaction of all system components.
- Administer knowledge test and remediation practices, when needed.
- When not actively training in the military schoolhouse, instructors may be tasked with afloat training events. Afloat training events require the instructor to train the sailor onboard their ship, while inport, on operational CANES equipment.
- Bachelors and three (3) years or more of related experience; Masters and one (1) years or more experience; or seven (7) years of related experience in lieu of degree.
- Instructor experience including formal instructor training, such as the Navy's Basic Instructor Training or Journeyman Instructor Training; or a current industry standard Trainer Certification, such as Microsoft Certified Trainer (MCT) or CompTIA Certified Technical Trainer (CTT+).
- Three (3) years prior experience on the administration or installation of CANES.
- Must have an active Secret security clearance.
- Current IA certifications including CompTIA Security+ or be able to obtain in first 6 months of employment.
- Strong working knowledge of Linux, Virtualization, Microsoft System Center, Microsoft Server, Microsoft Windows 10, Microsoft Exchange Server, backup and restoration policies and procedures, and Cisco router/switch IOS configuration.
- Familiarity with DoN personnel security and physical security policies and procedures.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Proficient hardware and software troubleshooting skills.
- Be able Travel – 10%.
- Content Planning Module/Learning Object Module (CPM/LOM) and/or Authoring Instructional Materials (AIM I/II) curriculum development experience.
- Master Training Specialist (MTS).
Apply on company website