SAIC is in need of a Drafter / CAD Operator II for one of our teams on our MRAP & Other Tactical Vehicle C4ISR program in North Charleston, SC.
The Drafter / CAD Operator will be responsible for providing design and drafting support to complete large complex assembly models and drawings.
Candidate will be an integral part of the team creating/updating Technical Data Packages; being familiar with ASME standards, Technical Data Packages, and military drawing standards desired. The Drafter / CAD Operator will coordinate frequently with the drafting team lead for current assignments to meet the customer demands. The candidate will be required to occasionally travel, locally, to the customer's facility where the vehicles are located to work with the engineers and technicians to develop prototype mounting solutions. Efforts will be focused toward GFE and custom fabrication integration for military C4ISR systems. Efforts will be focused toward GFE and custom fabrication integration for military C4ISR systems.Responsibilities Include:
- Candidate will provide drafting support to complete large complex parts, assemblies, and 2D drawings. Efforts will be focused toward GFE and custom metalwork/fabrication integration for military C4I systems.
- Drafting and documentation of equipment racks, equipment mounting kits, and equipment subassemblies.
- Candidate will be required to create detailed drawings/designs using SOLIDWORKS 3D CAD software and AutoCAD 2D for Technical Data Packages (TDP).
- Candidate will create/modify solid models and assemblies and maintain configuration management of engineering drawings.
- Candidate must be able to understand and create drawings based on the Engineering Drawing Standards Guide (EDSG) as well as MIL-STD-31000.
- Under general supervision, performs a variety of moderately complex tasks and uses tools to include calipers, gage tools, tape measures and other mechanical devices to aid in design, development, verification, and validation of the prototype fabrications.
- Candidate will be utilizing an advanced Configuration Management (CM) tool called “Windchill PDMLink” by PTC for storage and workflows of tasking to maintain CM.
- The ability to obtain and maintain a Position of Trust Clearance at a minimum.
- Associates degree in related discipline and two (2) years related experience; or High school education or equivalent (GED) and four (4) years related experience.
- Two (2) years minimum experience designing with SolidWorks, or similar 3D modeling software, and AutoCAD.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office (Word and Excel).
Desired QualificationsPreferred Key Skills/Certifications:
- Knowledge of MIL-STD-31000, Department of Defense (DoD) and industry documentation standards for Engineering and Design.
- Demonstrated knowledge of technical drawing creation and review.
- Strong technical, interpersonal, written, and verbal skills.
- Candidate must have the ability to operate effectively in a team environment and able to take direction and constructive criticism
Apply on company website