Science Applications International Corporation (SAIC) is seeking an Enterprise Architect to join our team supporting a major state & local government customer. This position reports to the Design team Lead as part of the Design Team responsible for infrastructure IT strategy, solution design, service continuity, and quality assurance services to a variety of geographically dispersed customers through Virginia.Essential duties of this position include:
- Architecting new or changed IT services, Service Management Systems, technologies, processes, information and metrics.
- Create, manage and maintain IT architecture models and their sub-components
- Developing annual technology roadmaps, refresh plans, and supporting technical designs for Enterprise Infrastructure Services
- Develop solution designs based on collaboration with a diverse groups including customers, engineers, and other enterprise architects
- Ability to resolve complex issues related to enterprise wide concerns
- Ability to design and develop cost effective solutions that meet functional, technical, and performance requirements
The Enterprise Architect performs a critical role ensuring designed solutions are appropriately documented, meet business requirements, and are aligned with technology strategies, industry standards, and best practices. You will have the opportunity to impact implemented design solutions for systems and services ensuring scalability, performance, and design in line with industry best practices.
QualificationsBackground / Experience
The ideal candidate will have extensive infrastructure experience including solution design; experience translating business requirements and objectives into IT strategy; and experience with one or more frameworks for best practice delivery including ITIL v3 2011. Experience must include familiarity with application, platforms and infrastructure layersOther key attributes include:
- Experience in supporting a large, complex IT environment for a Federal or State Government
- Excellent communicator and collaborator, capable of working independently, in small groups, or directly with customers.
- Bachelors and nine (9) years or more experience; Masters and seven (7) years or more experience ; PhD or JD and (0) years or more experience. May consider a high school education and an additional 4 years of experience in lieu of a degree.
- ITIL certification preferred (Foundation or above)
- Experience with one or more Enterprise Architecture frameworks
- Experience with one or more of the following:
- Enterprise network architecture and design
- Server and storage Design
- IT Infrastructure Capacity/Availability management
- Enterprise wide virtualization
- Public/private cloud infrastructure and design
- Design and implementation of enterprise wide collaboration tools
Apply on company website