SAIC is seeking a Senior Transition Engineer for the Global Positioning System (GPS) Systems Engineering and Integration (SE&I) Team. The GPS SE&I Team provides specialized engineering, analysis, operations support, and subject matter expertise to the SMC/GP Directorate and other GPS customers. The Team also provides systems engineering and analysis services to include system development, enterprise and system architecture, acquisition, testing, operations, and sustainment support for existing and new capabilities. Team members provide an enterprise perspective for identification and review of risks and risk mitigation plans and work to institutionalize systems engineering best practices across the SMC/GP Directorate organization. Major duties of this position include:
- Plans, integrates and makes technical recommendations in the execution of GPS Transition to Operations activities to create a seamless transition from Operation Control System (OCS) to Next Generation Operational Control System (OCX)
- Leads SE&I efforts to ensure new systems meet requirements for Operational Suitability and Readiness to include implementation of the GPS III Operations & Maintenance Suitability and Operations & Maintenance Readiness execution plans, training programs, technical orders, transition events, SME development, Technical interchanges, In-Process Reviews, and oversight of all Air Force operator engagement events
- Assesses strategy changes impacting CONOPS, OPSCON, & Resources to include: Min Crew Manning (MCM), Space Mission Force (SMF), Contractor Ops, Enterprise Ground System (EGS), Training Transformation, Space Enterprise Vision (SEV), Space Warfighting Construct (SWC), Multi-Domain Command & Control (MDC2), and Future payload impact to and integration with Operations to include GPS IIIF and additional payload data dissemination.
- Develops and coordinates the GPS OCX Ops Acceptance Criteria and Ops Acceptance Plan, GPS OCX Turnover Agreement, and AFMAN 63-119 criteria status
- Represents Transition and provides technical recommendations and system expertise support to SMC capability Integrated Product Teams.
- Bachelor's degree with 9+ years of relevant experience, Master's Degree with 7+ years of relevant experience.
- Current DoD Secret Security Clearance or higher
- Knowledge of GPS Operations and/or Sustainment
- Knowledge of development lifecycle, project integration, and stakeholder processes
- Direct experience managing operational transitions and fielding of complex systems
- AF acquisition professional education
- Experience with Test and GPS External Interfaces
- Experience with HQ AFSPC, 14 AF, HANU, CSpOC, NSA, SNL, or USNO
Apply on company website