SAIC is seeking a Ground Systems Engineer – Sr Principal to join our Chantilly, VA team.
- Performs systems engineering activities related to Systems Engineering including: concept of operations formulation, requirements definition, analysis and engineering, system architecting, system analysis and design, validation and verification, systems integration, system performance analysis.
- Provides requirements systems engineering support to Government Program Office Chief Engineer in planning, developing, and monitoring program requirements in the procurement of new systems and services.
- Develop Systems Engineering (SE) work products, including: System Specifications, Logically Derived and Linked Requirements, Architecture Descriptions, Interface Definitions, System Diagrams, Trade Studies, etc. utilizing Model Base Systems Engineering (MBSE) or similar tools and techniques.
- Perform system integration across multiple segments
- Develop technical requirements and prepare System Requirements Specification (SysRS)/ Technical Requirements Document (TRD) for system acquisitions
- Prepare program requirements related documentation: Use Cases, Concept of Operations (CONOPS), and System Interface Document
- Conduct requirements functional analysis and allocation
-- Perform requirements traceability from user requirements through contract SysRS
-- Witness end item factory and site testing for customer acceptance
-- Generate Measure of Effectiveness (MOE), Measure of Performance (MOP) for new program acquisitions
-- Perform trade studies as directed by Government customer
-- Analyze Contractor proposed architectures and conceptual designs
- Recommend engineering specifications and standards be placed as program compliance or reference documents in Government procurement contract
- Serve as advisor for technical evaluation of Contractor proposals
- Participate as part of Government Program Office Team reviewing Contractor formal reviews (SRR, SDR, PDR, CDR, TRR)
- Conduct risk and opportunity management
- Requires broad systems engineering experience (e.g. system architecture and design, systems documentation, system requirements, CONOPS, systems verification).
- Experience in Requirements Traceability Tools (developing logically derived and linked requirements)
- Strong written, communication, and presentation skills – Must be able to “Put pen to paper”
- Ability to independently work through all stages of tasking
PROBLEM COMPLEXITY: Works on unusually complex technical problems and provides solutions which are highly innovative and ingenious.
FREEDOM TO ACT: Works under consultative direction toward pre-determined long-range goals and objectives. Assignments are often self-initiated. Determine and pursue courses of action necessary to obtain desired results.
QualificationsTYPICAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: Bachelors and fourteen (14) years or more experience; Masters and twelve (12) years or more experience; PhD or JD and nine (9) years or more experience.
BS in engineering or technical field.
Apply on company website