SAIC is seeking a Legislative Analyst to perform studies and analyses and provide support on-site in the Pentagon. The candidate will support the Directorate for Organizational Policy and and Decision Support (OP&DS) in the Office of Secretary of Defense (OSD) with a portfolio of major Departmental activities to include assisting with tracking, supporting, and/or assessing strategic documents, senior leader decision making bodies, implementation of organizational adjustments, and institutionalization of management reform initiatives.
- Provide research capability regarding legislative (e.g., find specific and related public laws, references in U.S. Code, congressional bills (status and bill text), congressional and conference reports, Government Accountability Office reports, Office of Management and Budget (OMB) Circulars and Memoranda, and National Institute of Standards and Technology publications), regulations, and informed analysis and observations on products requested by the Government staff.
- Process congressional and public notifications of contracting within appropriate timeframes established by Directorate policy in order to meet the reporting requirements established by the Defense Federal Acquisition Regulation Supplement and Public Affairs policy, and other timeframes established by leadership and policy.
- Provide suggested inputs, which may be considered by government personnel for use in relation to a wide variety of efforts regarding legislative matters.
- Provide tracking and updates to civilian Presidentially Appointed, Senate-confirmed (PAS) officials tracking document (known as the PAS Tracker).
- Assist with tracking and posting of documents and comments on the Office of Legislative Counsel application and the Congressional Hearings and Reporting Requirements Tracking System (CHARRTS).
- Utilize, configure, and maintain knowledge management/decision support tools, in particular MS SharePoint, in order to track strategic actions and fora.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor's and three (3) years of experience, Masters and one (1) year of experience.
- 3-6 years or more experience with the Department of Defense and/or Congress and fundamentally requires an open and creative mind, the ability to conduct rigorous analysis with limited oversight from senior management, and the ability to present difficult concepts in simple terms.
- In-depth familiarity with Service- and/or OSD-level strategy, policy, or resource allocation processes as a result of previous government and/or private sector assignments.
- Knowledge in analyzing the Planning, Programming, Budgeting and Executive (PPBE) process, congressional authorization and appropriations legislation, and development of DoD Policy Directives.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills required together with proficient research and analytical skills.
- Committed to exceptional client service and professionalism while working at the client site.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite of Applications (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) and common office software applications.
- Background and training in the application of various knowledge management and collaborative tools including the use of MS SharePoint.
- Interim secret
Apply on company website