Location: Arlington, VA
Career Level: Mid-Senior Level
Industries: Technology, Software, IT, Electronics
DescriptionSAIC is seeking qualified individuals to support the Transportation Security Administration (TSA) with training and engagement of the TSA workforce for Specialized Security Training (SST). SAIC will provide a full array of training and training related support services needed to accomplish TSA's evolving mission including Curriculum Development; Threat Mitigation, Imaging, and Engineering (TME&I); and program management, integration, and logistics. The Logistics Enterprise Manager provides functional and technical support to integrate industry best practices and reduce risk related to curriculum lifecycle development, logistics systems, and supply chains using industry-recognized standards such as Lean Six Sigma or ISO 9000. Performs a variety of logistics tasks, which are broad in nature and are concerned with the design, implementation, operation, and performance of logistics functions, including supply chain, acquisition, distribution, transportation, warehousing, training, and operations and maintenance. The ability to operate a package/kit tracking system is an essential task, with deliveries executed on a global basis. Provides support and logistics expertise to logistics strategic planning efforts, business process reengineering efforts, and various financial analyses. The Logistics Enterprise Manager will also coordinate with the Area Operations Coordinators (AOCs) for Training Support logistics.
- Direct, develop or perform logistics management operations that involve planning, coordinating, or evaluating logistical actions that support the mission of TSA.
- Perform periodic independent systems evaluations and develop recommendations for system improvements after performing thorough studies and analysis.
- Schedule and monitor funding milestone to include adequacy and timeliness.
- Monitor compliance relevant to milestone and performance criteria.
- Collaborate and plan with various appropriate personnel to coordinate and/or integrate operations and interests of other organizations.
- Responsible for planning, managing and the coordination of the total cradle-to-grave life cycle logistics for an assigned system or subsystems, integrating separate functions of supply, maintenance, procurement and quality assurance of logistics activities needed to sustain the mission.
- Gather facts and develop appropriate solutions to problems that require attention due to their critical nature and are of high visibility.
- Use conflict resolution leadership to obtain agreement on required actions, schedules concerning program or policy matters.
- Call Center/Help Desk (Tier 1, 2, 3 and 4 Help Desk Support)
- Inventory Management System
- Global Logistics Support to include all course curriculum and materials/kit shipments
- Supply Chain Oversight
- Shipping Tracking System
- Warehousing and Maintenance Activities to include property accountability, storage and limited maintenance to equipment and supplies, storage and distribution of required training support materials. Includes Help Desk support for computers, Explosive Trace Detection (ETD) and Explosive Detection Systems (EDS) equipment and their warranty programs.
- Data Management (Student Tracking)
QualificationsRequired Education and Experience:
- Masters in a logistics related field and five (5) years or more experience in Logistics Support/Supply Chain Management.
- Prior experience with DHS or TSA is a plus
- Lean Six Sigma knowledge
- Understanding of ISO 9000
Apply on company website