DescriptionSAIC has a job opening for a Senior Network Engineer in Huntsville, AL. This opportunity is in support of the NASA Integrated Communications Services (NICS) Contract supporting NASA communications between NASA Centers in the United States and the NASA Programs in Russia. Job Description:
- Cisco router / switch / Wi-Fi / ISE / telephony product lines
- Engineering new requirements into existing production services
- Restoring defective services
- Assisting end users with use of services
- Periodic travel to Russia is required to implement new requirements, technology refresh and support NICS services during critical Launch, Docking, and Undocking periods.
- Bachelors and five (5) years or more of experience; Masters and three (3) years or more of experience; PhD and 0 years of related experience.
- 4 years of additional experience accepted in lieu of degree.
- Cisco router/switch/wifi products
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills.
- Extensive knowledge relating to Wide Area Networks (T-1, MPLS, VPN Tunnels), Local Area Networks (Switch Fabric, Ethernet, Copper, Fiber, distribution), Cisco Call Manager/ Unity, Advanced routing knowledge of IP, ICMP, TCP/UDP, SNMP, DHCP, EIGRP, BGP, QoS, VLAN, SIP, H.264, H323, PSTN/Dial Plans, Multicast.
- Proficiency working within Linux and Microsoft Operating Systems.
- Proficiency using Windows 10/Office Suite / Visio / Project / SharePoint, Solarwinds, PRTG, WireShark, Radius, SecureCRT or similar tools.
- VoIP, Video and Cisco ISE.
- Prefer for candidate to have current Cisco CCNA certification or greater
- Periodic Travel Required to Russia in support of services.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen with the ability to obtain a Public Trust Clearance.
Apply on company website