Location: Arlington, VA
Career Level: Associate
Industries: Technology, Software, IT, Electronics
- SAIC is seeking a National Security Policy/Organizational and Management Analyst to perform studies and analyses and provide knowledge management support on-site in the Pentagon.
- The candidate will support the Office of the Chief Management Officer (OCMO), Directorate for Organizational Policy and and Decision Support (OP&DS) in the Office of Secretary of Defense (OSD) with a portfolio of major Departmental activities to include assisting with tracking, supporting, and/or assessing strategic documents, senior leader decision making bodies, implementation of organizational adjustments, and institutionalization of management reform initiatives.
- The candidate's duties will include interacting and building relationships with various DoD Components to gather information on status of strategic initiatives; compiling and analyzing data; authoring of technical papers; support to briefings and task development; and preparing reports for senior leadership.
- Monitoring actions of Congressional committees, including the authorizations and appropriations committees, related to OCMO interests.
- Assisting with preparing briefing material for senior leadership on congressional matters.
- Conducting research and analyzing mission-related issues.
- Preparation of briefings on findings of significance (favorable or unfavorable) related to legislative initiatives/proposals.
- Managing and establishing procedures and controls for the receipt, handling, tracking, cataloging, classifying, suspense, and retrieval of OCMO congressional actions.
- The ability to utilize, configure, and maintain knowledge management/decision support tools, in particular MS SharePoint, in order to track strategic actions and fora.
- The ability to rapidly synthesize complex information.
Required Education and Experience:
- Master's Degree preferred with BA/BS in Political Science, National Security Affairs, International Relations, International Economics, or a related field.
- Current DoD SECRET clearance (No exceptions).
- Ability to work in a dynamic government work environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work as part of a team.
- Ability to problem-solve in a time-constrained environment and to take initiative and work independently as appropriate.
- Ability to prioritize tasks through strong organizational skills as well as to lead both individuals and teams.
Apply on company website