DescriptionSAIC is looking for an experienced IT professional to manage a task to operate, and maintain the voice, video, and data network infrastructure for a federal government customer in Washington, DC. The infrastructure includes network routers, switches, gateways, firewalls, telephony devices, telephones, PBX, WAN, Active Directory, DNS, DHCP servers, IDS/IPS, encryption, and other network and telephony devices. This also includes the Network Operations Center (NOC) which is operational 24-7/365 and monitors the entire network (Production, COOP and Development & Integration & Test environments) and all devices and services, and reports and tracks all system outages and incidents. This position is responsible for Network components from Cisco, Juniper, Infoblox, etc and components of the physical data center infrastructure, and may coordinate facility upgrade projects for this customer. Position is in a rotation with other managers as on call incident manager for off hours and major incidents. The candidate will have total ownership of and responsibility for the entire network 24-7/365, and all activity, incidents, problems, and outages.
Required skills and Experience:
- 15 years of O&M experience in Networking or telecommunication technology
- 10 years of experience implementing routing, switching, firewalls, etc.
- 2 years of experience with PBX orCisco Unified communication
- 2 years of experience managing NOC
- The candidate must have experience interfacing with customers to quickly and efficiently resolve issues.
- The candidate must have working knowledge in Cisco networking devices (Routers, Switches, Firewalls, ICE, VPN gateways), Juniper devices, Enterprise WAN technology, Telephony, Voice Over IP, Network Datacenters, Proxy and Firewalls, troubleshooting OSPF.
- The candidate must have experience with incident management, and monitoring and managing incidents and outages in a critical, 24-7 operational environment.
- ITIL V3 Foundation, Cisco certifications (CCNP), and PMP (preferred) certifications are required
Experience with the following tools and technologies:
HP Network Node Manager (NNMi), HP Openview, HP Business Service Management (BSM), SiteScope, RUM, Business Process Monitor (BPM), MS SCOM, and other tools to monitor availability and performance of all configuration items. Knowledge of and experience with circuits, networks and networking equipment (LAN/WAN), and Cisco, Cisco ASA, Cisco ISE, Cisco VOIP (Unified Communications), Nexus Switches, Bluecoat, Riverbed, Brocade, NEC, Polycomm, and Infoblox technologies.
Must be able to obtain a Public Trust Clearance
Apply on company website