SAIC is looking for a well-qualified senior level Principal Systems Engineer / Architect to join an exciting program in Springfield, VA. The successful candidate will be a self-starter with a willingness to learn and be able to lead a diverse multi-disciplinary team of IT Engineers.
- Leverage common Information Systems Engineering practices to architect, design, engineer and implement enterprise-wide IT systems and solutions across the stack: Physical, Networking, Storage, Virtualization, Servers, Applications and Services.
- Drive the team directly to support the performance of IT system integration, performance analysis, requirements engineering and management, testing and evaluation and other SE disciplines for successful system/solution development, design, implementation and decommissioning.
- Perform analysis, design, deployment and life cycle support for innovative enterprise-grade IT systems, applications and services.
- Oversee the A&E team performing engineering analysis, gaps, critical activities, scaling to enterprise-level, streamlining opportunities, efficient, and overall areas for improvement.
- Identify issues affecting end-to-end performance systems, provide engineering support to system testing and analysis and determination of risk and enterprise impact.
- Work alongside Network Engineers, Systems Administrators, Systems Engineers, Help Desk and Information Systems Security Officers.
- Bachelor's Degree and 9 years experience or Master's Degree and 7 years experience. Additional experience may be substituted in lieu of a degree
- An active Top Secret clearance with eligibility for access to sensitive compartmented information (TS/SCI);
- The ability to complete a polygraph;
- Seven (7) or more years of progressive experience successfully leading systems engineering techniques, methodologies, processes and practices to architect, design, engineer, implement, test, secure and deliver a variety of enterprise-grade IT solutions across multi-platform information systems
- Five (5) or more years of experience designing, engineering, implementing, and maintaining solutions in secure processing environments which must adhere to U.S. Government Information Assurance and Security standards such as the Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs)
- Strong level of knowledge and demonstrated technical experience working with and across Microsoft operating systems and enterprise-grade applications and services (Active Directory, Exchange, Internet Information Services, SharePoint, Skype, SQL Server, Windows/Windows Server)
- Demonstrated experience in leading, directing, evaluating task execution and performing advanced troubleshooting techniques, methodologies, processes and practices to quickly identify and assess an issue
- Meet the credential requirements for a Journeyman proficiency level - Securely Provision - Enterprise Architect as outlined in SECNAV M-5239.2
- An active Top Secret clearance with access to SCI;
- Having completed a polygraph within the last five (5) years;
- CompTIA Security+CE certification, Global Information Assurance Certification
- (GIAC) Security Essentials Certification (GSEC); or International Information Systems Security Certification Consortium, Inc. (ISC2) Systems Security Certified Practitioner (SSCP);
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE); Core Infrastructure, MCSE: Productivity
- Certified Windows Security Administrator (GCWN)
- Meet the credential requirements for a Master proficiency level specialty area Securely Provision - Enterprise Architect as outlined in SECNAV M-5239.2
- Technical certifications in other enterprise-level operating systems, applications and technologies
- Demonstrated experience working with newer core Microsoft technologies (Active Directory, Windows 10, Windows Server 2016, Microsoft SQl Server 2016, Microsoft IIS10)
- Demonstrated experience working with *nix-based operating system such as KVM, Nutanix Acropolis, Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL), Ubuntu LTS and VMware vSphere ESXi
- Familiarity with system security engineering techniques, methodologies, processes and practices and how to employ them at each stage of the system life cycle
- Demonstrated experience with major Systems of System Engineering projects
- Working knowledge of all aspects of enterprise-grade IT architect solutions across the stack: physical, networking, storage, virtualization, servers, applications and services
Apply on company website