SAIC is seeking a Systems Engineer with a background in Quantum Computing, Networking, emerging Quantum technologies, sensors, and atomic clocks to support the Assistant Director, Quantum Science within the Office of Director of Defense Research and Engineering (Research & Technology). Job duties include:
- Assist in providing support for management oversight, drafting policy guidance, and coordinating budget and Congressional Special Interest Items.
- Participate in DoD and non-DoD Services/Agencies program reviews.
- Assist in the assembly, writing, editing, and coordination of the report to Congress required under Section 234 NDAA FY19. This work includes drafting guidance memos, support for DoD-wide coordination, data-calls, data collection and analysis.
- Develop budget/financial documents, such as Funding Plans, Sub-allocation letters, and standard operating procedures.
- Assist in development and preparation of strategic research plans.
- Assist in goal setting for quantum science within OSD and track assessment of progress toward established goals.
- Assist in preparing for meetings and workshops, to include coordination of calendars of senior DoD personnel; preparation of announcements, agendas, read-ahead documents, meeting minutes, and technical briefing materials; management of logistics, travel arrangements, foreign visit requests, and meeting-facility support; administration of action items; and preparation of summary evaluations.
- Maintain broad situational awareness of research and development efforts involving quantum science program areas.
- Assist in development and review of information papers and reports, such as weekly reports, information papers, action memoranda, emails, and other documents.
- Participate in various working group meetings, provide meeting minutes/action items, and produce draft responses on the action items/tasks.
- Provide administrative support for research business policy and procedures, such as DoD/Interagency policy, Federal Initiatives, and International collaborations related policy.
- Provide analysis to Office of USD(R&E) leadership in areas such as: research funding of DoD Labs, Small Business Innovation Research (SBIR), OSD and Services S&T initiatives, Federal quantum science S&T policy, and Combatant Command engagements.
- Provide support to AD, Quantum Science at international programs discussions/meetings, such as US-UK S&T Stocktake, The Technical Cooperation Program (TTCP), and other bilateral programs, to include preparation of TOR, Data/Information Exchange Agreements, and other program related documents.
- Interact with contracting offices to facilitate open issues in contracting, technology, and budgeting to include approval of work plans and public release documents.
- A Bachelor's degree in physics, mechanical engineering, information technology, computer science, electrical engineering, software engineering, mathematics, or other science and technology related subjects is required.
- Bachelor's plus 9 years of experience, Master's plus 7 years of experience
- Minimum of a TOP SECRET security clearance with SCI. An exceptionally qualified candidate with SECRET or TOP SECRET clearance, with the ability to qualify and maintain an SCI clearance may be considered.
- Proficiency in technical research.
- In-depth knowledge of PPBE process and Information Systems and Cyber Security, and technical writing.
- Excellent communication skills, unstructured verbal interactions, briefings, and meeting moderation; and ability to work independently with both junior and senior staff in a distributed environment while maintaining a strong commitment to deliverable schedule.
Apply on company website