SAIC has an immediate need for a SATCOM Field Technician for onsite support in Sierra Vista, AZ.
The candidate will provide IP Network system engineering and integration support services for DoD CONUS and OCONUS Enterprise SATCOM Gateway (ESG) to Information Systems Engineering Command (USAISEC) and the DSCS and Wideband Communications Group.
- Perform site surveys in order to obtain the information necessary to develop project documentation and drawings for planned DSCS and Wideband upgrades.
- Provide engineering and technical support needed to ensure that all phases of a system fielding – from planning through installation and acceptance testing are successful.
- Design, prototype, and test Internet Protocol (IP) based satellite communications gateway systems operated by the Department of Defense. The IP gateway system aggregates data, video and voice streams for transport over geosynchronous satellite communication systems using FDMA and TDMA IP modem technology.
- Develop, review and implement System Design Plans (SDP), Systems Acceptance Test Plans, New Equipment Training Plans associated with the upgrade of existing systems and the fielding of new systems.
- BS degree 2+ years of experience; four (4) years of experience accepted in lieu of degree. Ten (10) years of total work experience preferred.
- Must have prior SATCOM or Satellite or IT experience.
- Working knowledge of Satellite Communication Systems
- Working knowledge of IP Routing and Switching, configuration
- Design and implementation of systems acceptance test plans
- Research and develop technical white papers and technical reports
- Professional level written and oral communications skills
REQUIRED CLEARANCE: Active DOD Secret security clearance
REQUIRED TRAVEL: Travel up to 40-60% both CONUS and OCONUS (Non-Hazardous)
Apply on company website