SAIC is looking for a SATCOM Field Technician in Sierra Vista, AZ.
Note: Travel up to 40-60% both CONUS and OCONUS (Non-Hazardous)
- Provide IP Network system engineering and integration support services for DoD CONUS and OCONUS Enterprise SATCOM Gateway (ESG) to Information Systems Engineering Command (USAISEC) and the DSCS and Wideband Communications Group.
- Support for the ESG projects encompass the telecommunication fields of technical control facilities, long haul transmission, and wide area networks and requires technical support in the areas of site surveys, systems engineering, technology support, telecommunications engineering, and system testing for operational acceptance, installation support and technical instruction.
- Perform site surveys in order to obtain the information necessary to develop project documentation and drawings for planned DSCS and Wideband upgrades.
- Project Concurrence Memorandums (PCM).
- Develop Engineering Installation Packages (EIP).
- List of Materials (LOM).
- Project Drawings (AutoCAD / Visio).
Provide engineering and technical support needed to ensure that all phases of a system fielding – from planning through installation and acceptance testing are successful.
QualificationsRequired Education and Experience:
- HS/GED and 6 years of experience OR Bachelor's degree and 2 years of experience.
- 10 years of total work experience
- Active DOD Secret security clearance.
- Must have prior SATCOM or Satellite or IT experience to include IP experience.
- Travel up to 40-60% both CONUS and OCONUS (Non-Hazardous).
Apply on company website