SAIC is hiring a Senior Electrical Engineer to join our team in Huntsville, AL. In this role you will be part of a proven successful engineering team that has a strong history of developing and supporting US ARMY advanced high-fidelity flight trainers and simulators. The candidate should be self-motivated with design for integration/assembly experience that extends into life cycle maintenance support considerations. We are also looking for someone who enjoys mentoring team members and who has leadership skills that will be vital when interfacing with other technical peers on our program.
As an Electrical Engineer, your duties and job expectations may include:
- Work with a small group of electrical and mechanical designers/engineers in support of COTs and GOTs based products.
- Provide skill mentoring to younger, less experienced staff
- Provide solutions to a variety of technical problems of moderate scope and complexity where analysis of situations and/or data requires a review of a variety of factors.
- Developing static and dynamic designs and analysis of electro/mechanical systems, equipment and packages.
- Designing, documenting, and modelling mechanical designs and solutions in support of repeatable process assembly, obsolescence mitigation and life cycle management maturity.
- Conducting feasibility studies and testing on new and modified designs.
- Assist support personnel in the preparation of detailed design, design testing and prototype fabrication.
- Providing design information to drafting for packaging documentation.
- Conducting business and technical briefings for senior management and for external representatives
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering and a minimum of 5 years relevant work experience.
- Experience in design and analysis of electro/mechanic systems to include documentation
- Proven ability to take a design concept from the block diagram or requirements level and develop a complete hardware design, and verification test and integration/assembly
- A strong advocate for design cost efficiencies, quality and GMP product design rules
- Successful candidate will have experience with an electrical CAD based toolset (e.g. AutoCAD, etc.). Familiarity with SolidWorks is a plus.
- A self-motivated and effective communicator able to interface with customers, team members, technical peers, and stakeholders.
Apply on company website