SAIC is looking for a Senior System Engineer in King George, VA. Candidate should have experience in reading design documents, generating high level interface block diagrams, and producing innovative designs incorporating commercial equipment, part task trainer emulations and simulations to create flexible and cost effective training and readiness capabilities.
The position will interface with systems engineering, and technical personnel to clarify program intent, identify problems, suggest changes, code and develop documented solutions.
SECURITY CLEARANCE REQUIRED: Active DoD Secret clearance.
- Provide technical evaluation, tactical engineering, and design analysis to CSCS ATRC, and Director of Functional Integration (CN5) to training and development.
- Provide subject matter expertise to LSO and CSCS N5 on AEGIS Speed to Capability (ASToC) and urgent operational need (UON) program developments for training and curriculum development.
- Provide system engineering and analysis and appropriate recommendations to the CSCS on AEGIS Weapon System (AWS) and AEGIS Combat System (ACS) training impacts via analysis of technical documentation including Ship Change Document (SCDs), Technical Data Packages (TDPs), and Integrated Logistics Support (ILS) certifications.
- Assess certification criteria based on metrics and artifacts including AWS Baseline (BL) 9 computer program change requests (CPCRs) for impacts to training in AAW, BMD, and SUW mission areas.
- Develop training management technical inputs for meetings, symposiums, and reviews related to new tasking.
- Submit training and systems engineering data to CSCS N5 to analyze training impacts to ATRC labs, CIAT, and AEGIS Combat Training System (ACTS), Battle Force Tactical Trainer (BFTT), and Advanced Training Domain (ATD) shipboard embedded training systems.
- Review classroom and underway curricula to ensure thorough inclusion of the latest doctrine. Ensure doctrine meets current requirements to train ships in the technical and tactical training related to the UON capability of Naval Integrated Fire Control-Counter Air (NIFC-CA), NIFC-Collateral (NCC), and ASToC.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
A Bachelor of Science (BS) degree from an accredited college or university in an engineering, scientific, or technical discipline or Five (5) years professional technical experience which includes at least four (4) years specialized experience performing computer hardware engineering, computer or software requirements management, computer systems or software integration; and utilizing systems engineering software tools. Specialized experience shall also include demonstrated ability to engineer complex systems with integrated software and hardware solutions. Experience related to weapons systems and/or Navy programs.
Active Secret Clearance
Apply on company website