The ServiceNow Developer is responsible for development, maintenance, administration, and continuous improvement of enterprise Service Management solutions in ServiceNow. Additionally, this role is also responsible for assisting with the customer the design, development, configuration, and maintenance of enterprise Service Management solutions using ServiceNow.
The successful candidate will be accountable for implementing technical solutions proposed and all changes pushed to production. This is a SME/Subject matter expert role; Development efforts will include (but are not limited to) custom portal pages, modules, API and software integrations, customized web pages, User interface policies, scripts, etc. The ServiceNow Developer will administer ServiceNow to include upgrades, updates, etc.
- Designs, develops, and administers ServiceNow at an operations level.
- Key Stakeholder for design, development, maintenance, administration, and continuous improvement of enterprise Service Management solutions in ServiceNow
- Maintains technical expertise relevant industry standards and best practices in ServiceNow to enhance the capabilities of cloud-based and virtualized services.
- Develops Training Document for technical solutions to complex implementations.
- Guides the successful completion of development efforts.
- Represents the organization as a prime technical contact on development efforts.
- Work is performed without appreciable direction and reviewed for desired results.
- Exercises judgment in methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
- Applies extensive technical expertise and has full knowledge of other related disciplines.
- Establishes and recommends changes to policies.
- Familiar with Agile development processes.
Required Experience, Education, and Certifications
- BA/BS engineering or related IT, System Engineering, or STEM degree (or an additional 4 years of experience in lieu of degree)
- 5+ years of professional experience in design and development in ServiceNow
- Experience integrating cloud services with scripts/code to create customer facing solutions.
- Certified ServiceNow Application Developer (preferred)
- System integration experience using web services and other web-based technologies such as XML, HTML, AJAX, CSS, HTTP, REST/SOAP
- Deep understanding of ServiceNow platform capabilities
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience implementing best-practices and procedures
- Expert working knowledge of ServiceNow components such as Change Management, Discovery, Service Catalog, Problem Management, Incident Management, CMDB, Asset Management, Knowledge Management, etc.
- Expert ability to provide ServiceNow customization and configuration including but not limited to: scripting, workflow administration, report setup, module customization, data imports and third-part software integration.
- Able to obtain (and maintain) Government Public Trust designation as a condition of employment.
- Able to travel up to 5 percent
- Position is remote/telecommute based, 95 percent
Apply on company website