** ENHANCED SIGN-ON BONUS **
SAIC Hiring Priority – This position is eligible for a $20K Sign on Bonus *(pre-taxed)
SAIC has an immediate opening on a prime contract for an ambitious, creative and experienced Software Engineer who would like to support a rewarding and dynamic mission. You will join a multi-person software engineering team which is in direct support of a 24x7 Mission Operations Center (MOC). Additionally you will have the unique opportunity to learn and work with a diverse set of technologies and programming languages; as well as being able to directly shape the technological requirements of the customer.
Duties will include:
- Develop, coordinate, and integrate software solutions that directly affect the performance of the MOC.
- Solutions include support of a Highly Visible and Mission Critical Enterprise level application (a Portal) which provides help desk functions, reporting, document management, and metrics for customers. Additionally, the application integrates with 3rd party monitoring tools to report real time system statuses.
- Implement customer requirements utilizing Java technologies and client-side tagging and scripting languages
- Work the entire lifecycle of software projects, beginning with requirements analysis and design to delivery and subsequent maintenance
- Develop and implement systems utilizing the Model/View/Controller paradigm that process a large amount of data (structured and unstructured)
- Create and maintain various levels of documentation, such as design or user manuals
- Participate in team research projects
- Present innovative ("Outside the box") ideas and solutions on the leading edge of IT to solve unique project issues
- Present briefings directly to the customer
- 14+ years of relevant experience
- Bachelor's Degree in a related field (4 additional years of relevant experience may be substituted in lieu of degree)
- Experience with the following technologies/languages
- Spring Jersey
- HTML (Tagging Scripts)
- Ability to prepare technical documentation
- Ability to interface with customers a/o stakeholders
- Ability to function in a team environment
- Ability to follow software development best practices
- Must already hold an Active TS/SCI w/ Poly clearance
Apply on company website