Location: Washington, DC
Career Level: Mid-Senior Level
Industries: Technology, Software, IT, Electronics
- Develops and executes test plans, test cases, and test procedures to ensure that all information systems products and services meet organization standards and end-user requirements.
- Develops test plans, test schedule, and approach. Writes test cases and scripts and identifies data for test scenarios.
- Conducts a walk through on test case/script with Test Managers, Requirement Leads, Project Managers, and Development Leads.
- Performs and leads tests of software and/or IT systems to ensure proper operation and freedom from defects.
- Performs verification activities on work products using defined methods, procedures and criteria with an appropriate verification environment.
- Documents and communicates test results.
- Supports analysis of test results and resolution of open issues.
- Documents and works to resolve all complex problems.
- Reports progress on problem resolution to management.
- Devises improvements to current procedures and develops models of possible future configurations.
- Creates daily test metrics and reporting.
- Occasionally performs other IT systems engineering activities such as requirements, design, installation, operation, sustainment, and support.
- Manages subordinate management and/or experienced specialist employees who exercise significant latitude and independence.
- Often heads one or more departments.
- Establishes operational objectives and work plans, and delegates assignments to subordinates.
- Senior management reviews objectives to determine success of operation.
- Establishes operating policies and procedures that affect departments and subordinate sections and work units.
- Interprets company-wide policies and procedures.
- May involved in development of budgets, schedules and performance standards.
- Assignments are objective oriented.
- Work is reviewed in terms of meeting the organization's objectives and timelines.
- Decisions have an extended impact on work processes and outcomes.
- Erroneous decisions result in critical delays and modifications to projects or operations; cause substantial expenditure of additional time, workforce, and funds; and jeopardize future business activity.
- Interacts frequently with internal and external management and senior-level customer representatives concerning projects, operational decisions, scheduling requirements, and/or contractual clarifications.
- Leads briefings and technical meetings for internal and external representatives.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelors and eighteen (18) years or more experience; Masters and fourteen (14) years or more experience; PhD or JD and eleven (11) years or more experience
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- Possess a Bachelor's Degree or Higher in Management, Computer Science, Information Technology or related field and a minimum of ten years of experience with the management of an enterprise System/Software Engineering program
- Extensive Experience in Agile development as well as Waterfall
- Experience leading large systems engineer efforts for FAA or similar entities
- Experience leading and coordinating efforts of other sensor systems engineering professionals
- Experience with managing under a rigorous System Engineering process System Development, Deployment, In Service Management in a mission critical environment
- Must be an independent self-starter with strong initiative
- Must have strong writing / reporting and verbal communication skills
- Must be able to perform in a high-pressure fast-paced environment
- Must be able to quickly learn and apply new tools and technologies
- Must be flexible in a constantly changing business landscape
- Must have strong customer service orientation
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- Active Public Trust L5 Security Clearance
- Agile or DevOps certification (+)
- Experience with Development and Deployment of FAA NAS systems (+)
- Demonstrated experience briefing senior leaders
- Demonstrated experience with Risk Analysis
- Knowledge of cloud computing technologies, business drivers, and emerging computing trends
- Experience with multi-tiered application environments with SQL, Web services, Web API, HTML5, and XML development
Apply on company website