SAIC is seeking an experienced Senior Proposal Manager Lead for our Proposal Development Center. This is a working manager position responsible for managing a team of proposal managers, as well as working closely with business development and operational personnel to develop and deliver winning, high-quality Federal Government proposals. Occasional travel may be possible. Candidates MUST have an active TS/SCI clearance to qualify.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the following:
- Supervise/manage in-house proposal manager staff through training/mentoring, establishing performance goals, and conducting performance evaluations.
- Manage assignment of in-house proposal manager staff to dynamic pipeline of opportunities.
- Work with Proposal Development Center leadership to develop/propagate proposal process and toolkit items. Coach proposal managers on the implementation of process/toolkit items on proposal efforts.
- Provide proposal manager training to ensure consistency across all proposal managers, and ensure that all processes are consistently followed.
- Review proposal products and material developed by in-house proposal managers/teams through peer/color team reviews.
- Lead/participate in proposal process improvement efforts.
- Manage proposals, including all aspects of proposal development: pre-proposal planning activities, kick-off meeting, value proposition conveyance, theme development, schedule management, action/issue tracking, proposal structure, compliance oversight, writing instructions and team guidance, review team coordination, and production oversight.
- Develop/maintain proposal management-related artifacts for each opportunity to include kickoff materials, master outline and compliance matrix, schedule, storyboards and or annotated outlines, writing instructions and templates, daily stand-up agenda, proposal team contact list, action items, and color team review briefings.
- Review/analyze proposal sections for consistency and clarity, compliance with solicitation requirements, and alignment with proposed solutions and themes and write/re-write proposal sections as necessary to deliver high-quality, winning proposal product.
- Collaborate with business development and operational leadership to obtain adequate resources for accomplishing a high-quality proposal submission in a timely manner.
- Manage and direct all proposal efforts to include preparation, revision, and submission; establishes and enforces the proposal schedule. Clarify, communicate, and enforce roles and responsibilities of the proposal team members.
- Collaborate with the capture manager, subject matter experts, and other writers to refine proposal sections to ensure accuracy, compliance, consistency, and reflection of win strategies.
- Assist in the development and refinement of templates and standardized processes to streamline proposal development.
- Provide daily updates regarding proposal progress to team via the daily stand-up: action items, identified risks, section status, and schedule. Identify risks and develop mitigation plans.
- Lead/facilitate/drive the discussion during solution strategy sessions with capture manager, volume lead(s), and subject matter experts; capturing and helping to document customer hot buttons, win themes, our approach/solution, and features and benefits at the level required for a compelling proposal response.
- Work with the color review leads to convene color teams and prepare color team package. Lead color review recovery from post-review assessment to providing guidance for implementation of approved content changes and modifications.
- Remain current on all solicitation modifications and communicates them to the team. Revise schedule, outline, and compliance matrix as necessary throughout proposal life cycle.
- Ensure proposal compliance, checking submission for compliance regularly throughout the proposal cycle.
- Bachelor's Degree (can be substituted with years of experience)
- MUST have an active TS/SCI clearance.
- 10 to 15 years of demonstrated experience managing and writing winning competitive Federal Government proposals in a defined proposal role
- 3 years of supervisory/team leadership experience
- Knowledge of the proposal development life cycle, and understanding of Shipley or other proposal development processes
- Demonstrated ability to work efficiently under conditions of multiple deadlines and changing priorities to high-quality material
- Ability to successfully execute multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability to collaborate and work as a team leader
- Dynamic interpersonal skills to interact with all levels of management
- Excellent work ethic and excellent organizational, written and verbal communication skills
- Understanding of the FAR, especially best-value aspects
- Ability to coordinate off-site subcontractors and proposal team
- Familiarity with the use of proposal collaboration tools
Apply on company website