SAIC is seeking a Sr. Systems Engineer to support our NAVWAR customer in Portsmouth, VA. The Sr. Systems Engineer will be responsible for conducting technical analysis of product implementations, modifications and enhancements to product in accordance with specific customer specifications and implementations. In addition the Sr. Systems Engineer:
- Troubleshoots technical problems and issues, determines technical solution in accordance with product and customer specifications.
- Assesses product needs in accordance with customer specifications.
- Acts as local on-site representative to customer organization.
- Participates in site system integrations.
- Designs, integrates, and deploys VMWare IT solutions.
- Provides operational engineering support to solutions using virtual server hosting and backup solutions.
- Provisions Virtual Machines and patches to the software and hardware hosting infrastructure.
- Updates system and process documentation as needed.
QualificationsRequired Education and Experience:
- HS/GED diploma and nine (9) years or more of experience; Bachelors and five (5) years or more experience; Master's and three (3) years or more experience.
- Technical Training in Electronics, Computers, or Networking or successful completion of U.S. Navy electronics “C” school.
- 4 years experience in C4I Systems support to include a combination of: systems requirements, operational requirements, test and evaluation with a degree from an ABET accredited university, and training OR 8 years experience with a HS diploma/GED
- Current or recent C4I experience
- Must have or be able to obtain a CompTia Security+ certification within 6 months of hire.
- Experience building and installing infrastructure
- VMWare and vSphere design and integration on VMware and ESX 6.0+ deployment, configuration, and maintenance.
- Must have experience or be familiar with SAN Solutions, Active Directory, Cisco UCS, and Cisco Routing/Switching.
- Must be able to obtain U.S. Passport.
- 25% CONUS/OCONUS travel required.
- Must have an active Interim Secret security clearance to start and then must be able to obtain a Top Secret clearance.
- 4 year degree from an ABET accredited university
Apply on company website