**This job may temporarily have remote options due to COVID-19, but will revert back to a 100% on-site work position when the situation allows.**Overview
SAIC is looking for an expert-level Systems Engineer to join an exciting program in Springfield, Virginia.
The successful candidate will be a self-starter with a willingness to learn. As the Senior Systems Engineer, you will be responsible for employing Systems Engineering (SE) knowledge, skills, abilities, standards and best practices to support the customer's Systems Architecture and Engineering (A&E) team in engineering and implementing modern and next generation IT solutions leveraging a wide array of vendors and technologies across the full stack: physical, networking, storage, virtualization, servers, applications, and services. Limited travel may be required (5% - 10%).Tasks / Responsibilities
- Provide systems engineering support through specific IT project management and system development life cycle (SDLC) processes.
- Support solutions throughout the entire deliverable lifecycle to include refining requirements, creating design documentation, creating installation instructions and deployment plans, and providing support transitioning solutions to operations.
- Support the customer's IT Operations and Maintenance (O&M) teams as the highest internal escalation tier for all systems-related focuses: Information Security (InfoSec), systems, networking, and database technologies.
· Active Top Secret clearance with eligibility for access to sensitive compartmented information (TS/SCI);
· The ability to successfully complete a U.S. Government Polygraph
Education, Skills & Experience
· Bachelor's degree in a suitably computer technology related field from an accredited university, [OR] one of the following certifications:
o The International Information Systems Security Certification Consortium (ISC2) Certified Authorization Professional (CAP) certification
o The Cisco Certified Networking Associate (CCNA) Routing and Switching certification
o The CompTIA Security+CE certification
· Nine (9) years of relative experience, to include:
o Five (5) or more years of experience deploying systems, applications, and services on Microsoft platforms (Windows Server 2012 R2 or newer) at the enterprise level;
o Five (5) or more years of experience in direct support of the SDLC (or an equivalent framework) for systems and technologies deployed across a multi-platform enterprise-grade information service;
o Five (5) or more years of experience designing, engineering, implementing, and security IT solutions in secure processing environments which must adhere to U.S. Government Information Assurance (IA) and InfoSec standards such as the Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs);
o Three (3) or more years of experience designing, implementing, and managing high availability (HA) clustering and disaster recovery configurations based on Microsoft technologies such as network load balancing (NLB) or Windows failover clustering (WFC); and
o Three (3) or more years of experience in successfully applying advanced troubleshooting techniques, methods, and concepts to identify IT problems and rapidly assessing, developing, presenting, and implementing remediation for these problems as well as conducting root cause analysis.
Apply on company website