Location: Panama City Beach, FL
Career Level: Associate
Industries: Technology, Software, IT, Electronics
DescriptionJOB DESCRIPTION: SAIC requires a Safety Associate to perform system safety analyses for various acquisitions projects. This position will be required to utilize technical and safety review and documentation analysis techniques, including fault analyses, hazardous effects analyses, and other techniques as required. Duties include:
- Preparing, evaluating, and/or updating safety assessment reports and risk assessment reports, technical documentation such as system safety program plans, technical data packages, drawings, MIL-STDs, test safety plans, safety assessments and operational risk management.
- Creating risk assessment reports, safety assessment reports, and technical data packages and presentation materials for safety review boards.
- Providing daily safety briefs and record deviations from sound safety practices observed during testing.
- Conducting or review safety assessment of new, updated, and/or modified hardware and software, waivers, and exemption requests.
- Acting as the safety observer for various tests.
- Performing operational analyses and studies to identify potential deficiencies in weapon operating procedures, ordnance handling procedures, stowage or other logistics phases involving ordnance, safety procedures, etc. and making specific recommendations for their resolution.
- 3+ years of relevant experience.
- Knowledge of MS Office applications including word-processing, presentation, and spreadsheet applications.
- Excellent inter-personal communication, organizational, and analytical skills.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Secret Security Clearance.
Apply on company website