Facility-based dementia CNA
Caring runs in our family! Love your new career and it will love you back!
We are looking for people who are committed to enhance the quality of life of seniors and people with disabilities by providing the best care with empathy, excellence and integrity.
Combine your compassion and talent with our world-class dementia training program to provide care and support to memory care facility residents.
Our mission is to ensure a better quality of life for our elderly clients and their families, by providing dependable and affordable care.
We offer flexible work schedules that can be tailored to fit your lifestyle, including days, evenings, nights and weekends. This is a rewarding part-time opportunity that can meet your desired schedule - and - you don't need to be licensed or certified!
Senior Helpers provides CNAs with professional training so they can develop expertise in Alzheimer's, dementia, Parkinson's, and general senior care. Training & Certification opportunities offered by Senior Helpers keep you ahead of the industry and provide you with the knowledge & skills that will take your career to the next level. Jump start Your Career today with the leading in-home senior care company.
As a licensed CNA, no previous facility experience is necessary for you to become a great CNA for our clients; many of our caregivers have started their career in a care-giving situation within their own family. Being a CNA is a very rewarding experience for everyone involved! Please note: you will need a driver's license and car to get to your client's house and to take them on errands during the day.
As a CNA licensed Caregiver, you will be primarily responsible for providing companionship and assistance with meal preparation, laundry and light housekeeping, including:
- Personal Care (bathing, dressing, etc.) and standby assistance with personal hygiene
- Provide caring social companionship and conversation
- Support with a variety of daily living tasks and reminders
- Transportation to appointments, errands and social outings
- Light housekeeping and meal preparation
- Overnight safety assistance
- Assist with dressing
- Prepare meals and snacks according to instructions
- Accompany patient on errands or medical appointments
- Perform light housekeeping activities
- Provide hospice supportive care and medication reminders
- Assist with the prescribed range of motion exercises
- Assist with blood glucose monitoring
- Use lifting equipment such as gait belts and Hoyer lifts
Minimum shifts are 8 hours
- Experience caring for clients with dementia
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Valid driver's license and reliable transportation
- Ability to lift up to 25 lbs on a daily basis
- Previous experience in the home care industry as a CNA licensed Caregiver
- CNA healthcare certification is required!
- A compassionate heart for older adults
- Valid driver's license and transportation
- Ability to travel 15 miles for any scheduled shifts
- The ability to lift, push and pull up to 25 pounds
- Daily access to email, the Internet, and a mobile phone
WHY JOIN SENIOR HELPERS?
- Health benefits available
- Competitive compensation
- Flexible scheduling
- Training, career development and ongoing support for our caregivers
Complete the application today for immediate consideration.
Apply on company website