Great people deserve a great place to work and Senior Helpers is hiring Caregivers in York County, Chester County & Lancaster County!!
Senior Helpers is proud to be the first and only national in-home care provider to receive certification as a Great Place to Work. Our caregivers and staff are treated with respect in an inclusive environment, enjoy employee pride and camaraderie, and recognize that the work they do makes a real difference for our clients.
Job Description for Lead Caregiver
This role is ideally suited for a highly skilled caregiver who has a very flexible schedule and is interested in working with a wide range of clients.
Primary Objectives: Provide immediate response short-term companion or personal care to Senior Helpers clients. Coverage for new short-notice clients and cases where scheduled caregiver fails to show up for a shift.
Reports To: Caregiver Manager
Responsibilities (including, but not limited to):
- Provide a high level of care to cover immediate short-term needs for a caregiver
- The lead caregiver will be available to work nights and weekends as needed to support the needs of the business.
- Companion Care including clients suffering from dementia
- Personal Care including bathing, transfers, assistance with ADLs
- Participate in the Senior Helpers Caregiver Council
- Train new caregivers and those looking to upgrade their skills
Compensation: The lead caregiver is a full-time hourly position with a guaranteed minimum of 40 hours per week. Plus, 1.5 times the hourly rate for any hours over 40.
- PTO up to 2 weeks per year
- Guaranteed 40 hours per week
- Paid Training
This job description may be modified at any time. Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned.
- Ability to communicate pleasantly and effectively with clients and internal staff
- Possesses excellent client interaction skills
- Flexible/Adaptable in different situations while maintaining professionalism
- Ability to multi-task and handle pressure situations with ease
- Highly skilled – Personal care, Dementia, Parkinson's
Senior Helpers is the nation's premier provider of in-home senior services ranging from specialized care for those with diseases, such as dementia, Alzheimer's and Parkinson's, to personal and companion care to help individuals looking for a little assistance with daily activities. Founded in 2002 with a vision to help seniors age with dignity despite age-related illnesses and mobility challenges, Senior Helpers has hundreds of franchised and owned businesses that have cared for tens of thousands of seniors. Senior Helpers' culture is based on strong core values, recognition of achievements and respect.
We are an equal opportunity employer and prohibit discrimination/harassment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Apply on company website