At Seyfarth, we understand that great people are the key to our success, and we provide the opportunities to match. If you join us, you'll work with state-of-the-art technology in a friendly and professional environment, and we will continue to invest in your professional development. If you want the freedom to grow at a firm that is invested in your future, keep reading.
As a Billing Supervisor you will participate in daily billing and collections work for the firm, establish and communicate expected service levels in keeping with firm standards and goals, make decisions about billing attorney assignments, coordinate work flow and seek additional assistance, as needed. You will ensure timely production, posting, sending and reporting of bills, maintain current records of bills sent to clients and generally follow firm and industry "best practices".
On any given day, you will be supervising a team of billers and monitoring their workload, communicating with office/firm leadership about the progress to goals, making decisions about assigned billing attorneys, processing bills, following-up on collections, and seeking additional support, as needed. You will:
- Supervise the billing staff of approximately 30 billing team members - monitor and equalize workflow and prioritize high volume of attorney and administrative related requests. Ensure high quality work product, prepare and communicate annual reviews, and set goals and priorities for the team on a short and medium term basis.
- Assign work as necessary to other billing team members and act as elevated support person on more complex issues. Process billing as needed.
- Develop strong and collaborative relationships with Finance Management. Liaise with the Collections Manager, Accounts Receivable Supervisor and Financial Systems Manager specifically to develop helpful and efficient reporting and to resolve any issues that arise in relation to the processing of client payments.
- Develop process and procedure and present ‘best practice' and cross training sessions for the team.
- Take ownership for escalated billing related issues from attorneys, assistants and the Billing team.
- Other duties and projects as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- Minimum of three years of legal billing experience
- Supervisory experience required
- Experience with Elite's time and billing software; familiarity with the EHub and various ebilling vendor sites.
- Basic Microsoft Office suite and related technologies.
- Strong interpersonal and client relationship skills.
- Strong customer service and collaboration orientation.
- Exceptional oral and written communications skills.
WHAT WE PROVIDE:
Seyfarth provides competitive salary and benefits at all levels, and our culture embraces the entrepreneurial spirit of its professionals like no other firm. Our allied professionals are a collaborative team, helping to define the unique client experience offered by the firm. We understand that it takes more than attorneys to build a successful legal practice; everyone participates in our commitment to excellence.We are also proud to be an influential leader in inclusion and diversity. The firm has been recognized for our efforts by the Human Rights Campaign and the Minority Corporate Counsel Association. We are Mansfield 2.0 certified, a reflection of our ongoing commitment to advancing candidates from underrepresented groups.
MORE ABOUT SEYFARTH:
With more than 900 lawyers across 17 offices, Seyfarth Shaw LLP provides advisory, litigation, and transactional legal services to clients worldwide. Learn more about The Seyfarth Experience at www.seyfarth.com/careers/.
Seyfarth Shaw is committed to equal employment opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. We value and encourage diversity and solicit applications from all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, gender, sex, age, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, gender identity or expression, genetic information, change of sex or transgender status, genetic information or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law.
To achieve our goal of equal opportunity, Seyfarth Shaw maintains an affirmative action plan through which it makes good faith efforts to recruit, hire and advance in employment qualified minorities, females, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans. If you would like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click EEO is the LAW and the Supplement poster through the following link: https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf
Seyfarth is an EO Employer –M/F/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
This position is based in Chicago, IL
Apply on company website