Position Objective: Run the defecting operation safely and efficiently with the maximum amount of
production and a minimal amount of off-quality.
1. Set up equipment for saw profiling, tools, and stain application.
2. Make machine/process adjustments on line and on computer.
3. Follow specific instructions on each order.
4. Achieve set quality standards.
5. Verify that the correct chemistry is being used for Hasko stain (all hasko stains are water based
therefore the chemistry number will begin with the letter W).
6. Monitor parameters such as speed.
7. Make adjustments to settings to accommodate different sizes and widths of boards.
8. Make adjustments to settings to account for the texture of the boards
9. Overall visual control of the entire line.
10. Visual inspections of products for defects and grading.
11. Complete computerized quality reports.
12. Perform quality checks on finished products by assembling.
13. Work with saw blades and other tools and managing logs/records of usage.
14. Keep machines and work areas clean and free of dust.
15. Read and analyze charts and graphs.
16. Take measurements and work with SPC charts.
17. Willing to be an On the Job Trainer (OJT)
18. Operate the box feeding robot machines
1. Must be a team player
2. Take an active role in committees.
3. Cross-training for other jobs on finishing line.
8 hour, night shift
Shaw is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to providing a workplace free of discrimination, harassment, and retaliation. It is our policy to recruit, hire, train, and promote individuals in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, gender identity, or any other legally protected status.
Apply on company website