Assist the assigned Chef de Partie/Chef de Cuisine/Sous Chef in all duties. Act in place of Chef de Partie and/or Sous Chef in their absence, following standard recipes and cooking techniques while acting professionally and following all safety and sanitation standards.
WHAT YOU GET TO DO:
- Read, understand and execute standardized recipes as well as development of new recipes.
- Make logical decisions relating to par levels.
- Ability to read banquet BEO and set up daily mis-en-place.
- Assist Chef's in food requisition to ensure sufficient inventory while minimizing waste.
- Ensure attractive placement of food items, show pieces etc… on display where required.
- Receive food checks, event orders and prepare them to specifications.
- Send for requisitioned items from storeroom, personally verifying both quantity and quality.
- Supervise the general cleaning and proper handling of food leftovers after meal services.
- Reorganize refrigerators, re-stock items up to par and reorganize section for next meal preparation.
- Present initiative and ingenuity with only general supervision.
- Maintain an optimistic personality to handle high-pressure environment.
- Assist other team members as needed.
- Assist with any reasonable requests from management.
- Maintenance of work station, assist with prep and cleaning.
- All other duties as assigned.
WHAT YOU NEED TO BE SUCCESSFUL:
- High School Diploma or equivalent and a 2 Year Culinary Degree or commensurate experience 5+ years in the culinary industry
- Must be able to read and prepare standardized recipes according to Chef's specifications
- Must be able to organize and prioritize daily par sheets
- Possess and exhibit an understanding of proper food handling, equipment and utensils
- Ability to cooperatively delegate work properly and in a fair manner thereby creating smooth operations
- Must be able to quickly assess situations, determine priority, create a strategy and implement it
- Ability to multi-task while maintaining a high level of organization remaining detail oriented
- Must be able to communicate effectively with fellow associates, supervisors, managers and staff
- Must be able to sustain a fast pace while staying focused on the finest of details
- Take pride in being the final ‘inspector' for our product, approving it before it is presented
- Must be able to understand and utilize Shore Lodge's expeditor system
- Lifting supplies or equipment of 30 lbs or more
- Able to count, read and write in the English language
- Know the facilities fire and safety standards and operation of kitchen and fire response equipment
- Frequent periods of pushing, pulling, bending, stooping, upward reaching in a hot kitchen environment
- Able to function with prolonged periods of standing and walking in hot kitchen environment
- Exhibit a sense of Maturity and Leadership while functionally multi-tasking with speed and grace
- A working knowledge of the front and back of the house
Apply on company website