Job Location:Corporate Indianapolis
This position is responsible for all phases of the analyzation, administration and processing of all lease and audit data. This includes any charges provided to / from outside auditors, associated with accurate sales reporting procedures, including gross and adjusted gross sales, as defined by lease language; percentage rent, audit fees, review of tenant exercised kickout options, etc. Also includes verifying billings, audit rights, accounts receivables, adherence to payment language and the preparation of all audit packages. The majority of tasks require independent planning and prioritization. As such, the sales audit analyst must be able to evaluate alternatives, choose best practices and complete tasks in the most efficient manner. Lease data and audit claim responses affect all areas of the company. Thus, it is extremely important that the information and positions be accurate in keeping with industry and Simon standards, while making sure FFO is not undermined. Assist in the billing aspects of the Financial Operations area.
The successful candidate's responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Scheduling, conducting and responding to all audits requested by Simon.
- Identify and escalate problematic lease language that is financially detrimental or difficult to efficiently administer.
- Prepare analysis of financial impact of audit findings in order for management to make their decisions.
- Resolve tenant questions and issues by researching and analyzing billings, along with lease language. Then, formulate and draft responses to be reviewed by upper management. Responses to tenant's audit reports will be turned in by assigned due dates and should require only one (1) set of revisions, from a complete review. Final responses are required to be sent to tenant within 45 days of receipt of the original audit report.
- Prepare, acquire and maintain audit information supplied to tenant / auditor upon their request.
- Act as a liaison between all departments providing information for the audit (i.e., leasing, accounts receivable, financial reporting, property management, lease accounting, etc.)
- Update departmental trackers, as changes occur in audit status, along with other various reporting systems.
- Assist in proposing selections for the annual audit programs, both regular and forensic.
- Maintain audit files in accordance with company policies and procedures, related to document retention.
- Calculate and prepare tenant recovery billings for Common Area Maintenance, Real Estate Taxes, Gross Receipts Taxes and Semi-Annual Taxes; among others in accordance with deadlines.
- Abstract, interpret, analyze and input lease data into the system. Ensure all legal document types are consistently analyzed and bills prepared accurately, in accordance with lease terms, within target deadlines.
- Responsible for collection of missing sales, processing of percentage rent, and creating tenant invoices for properties. This also includes holdover language analyzation, where applicable.
- Process monthly reports, including Rent Roll and Events, along with others, as assigned.
- Resolve tenant questions and issues by researching and analyzing billings and lease language. Ensure any revisions are done within the allotted timeframe, or escalate accordingly.
- Assist in monitoring the Sales Variance report, including answering questions, researching issues, system errors, etc.
- Organize information and draft documents for reports, forms, etc.
- Understand, adhere to and promote compliance with company and department policies and procedures.
- Document departmental procedures as requested. Identify procedural issues and submit improvement recommendations to supervisor. Make suggestions to enhance efficiencies, minimize error risks and maximize the utilization of departmental resources.
- Monitor all trackers, reports, work status schedules and “to do” lists, to ensure timely completion of assignments, in compliance with departmental and company policies, procedures and guidelines. If needed, assist in the reallocation of resources, as appropriate.
- Complete other duties and specific projects, as assigned by supervisor.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance preferred. Degrees in other business related areas will be considered.
- Understanding of basic Accounting and Business Principles.
- Aptitude for understanding financial reports and extracting information.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Word & Excel, CTI, TAP, etc.
- Ability to analyze and interpret lease language.
- Effective verbal and written communication.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills with attention to detail.
- Ability to prioritize, coordinate multi-task, meet deadlines and demonstrate initiative.
- Effective customer service skills for interaction with tenants, auditors and coworkers.
- Flexible and able to work well independently and as part of a team.
- Knowledge of administrative and clerical principles and practices
Apply on company website