Job Location:Circle Centre
To maintain all mall owned and operated heating, ventilation and air conditioning equipment in order to provide safe, efficient and effective operation. This position is on call 24 hours per day, 7 days per week to assist the operations department in handling emergencies at the property level.
The successful candidate's responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Work in cooperation with other contracted mechanical services as retained by management.
- Report all situations requiring emergency and/or immediate action to the appropriate personnel.
- Troubleshoot various systems including plumbing, electrical, heating, air conditioning, refrigeration, and other systems as required to determine source of malfunction and repair.
- Conduct scheduled inspections and preventive maintenance to designated equipment; make adjustments to equipment and controls to ensure operations are in compliance with specifications and/or standards.
- Install, maintain and make repairs to electrical, plumbing, heating, air conditioning, and refrigeration equipment as needed.
- Perform the job in accordance with all applicable standards, policies and regulatory guidelines (i.e. EPA, OSHA standards) to promote a safe working environment.
- Administer compliance of local, state, and federal laws pertaining to areas such as fire, safety, hazardous material, access etc.
- Observe operation, read gauges and instruments, and adjust mechanisms such as valves, controls and pumps to control level of fluid, pressure and temperature.
- Provide routine services to include preventive maintenance on air side and water side equipment, identifying, installing, maintaining and disposing of all types of filters, cleaning mechanical/transformer rooms, picking up and delivering parts, and assisting higher level heating, ventilation, air conditioning and refrigeration mechanics and or contracted services.
- Schedule preventative maintenance programs as assigned by management.
- Coordinate work orders and maintain the integrity of the Work Order System.
- Ensure the appropriate inventory systems, records, files, Material Safety Data Sheets, supplies, equipment and tools are maintained.
- Replace defective breaker controls, thermostats, switches, lighting components, fuses and basic electrical wiring, etc.
- Employee may be directed to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description.
- Self-starter with ability to work independently.
- Familiarity with air handler units to include efficient operation required to achieve energy savings and acceptable comfort levels.
- Knowledge in filter identification and application, equipment and component identification, safety procedures, refrigeration cycle and soft soldering.
- Knowledge of cooling tower operation & start-up and package roof top HVAC units.
- Knowledge of condenser and chilled water systems and water treatment.
- Capability to diagnoses problems on equipment.
- Ability to disassemble, clean, lubricate, repair and replace parts, as required.
- Able to diagnose basic malfunctioning mechanical systems, test components; trouble shoot and repair replace or adjust defective or worn parts.
- Able to operate and program Building Automation Systems and Energy Management Systems as they relate to energy savings, life safety, seasonal adjustments and company standards.
- Knowledge of safety rules, hazards and application of accident prevention measures associated with the operation of mechanical and HVAC equipment.
- Ability to work rotating shifts, which may include days, evenings, weekends and holidays.
- High School Diploma or Trade School Certificate.
- 3 – 5 years' experience in the HVAC maintenance field (Related education may be substituted for up to two years' experience on a year-for-year basis)
- Valid Driver's license
- EPA Certification
Apply on company website