Smiths Medical is currently hiring a Quality Engineer I in Minneapolis, MN.
The Quality Engineer I will help support the AME Quality Engineering function through NPI, supply continuity, remediation, and Quality Systems projects. This role will perform engineering work requiring full competency in all conventional aspects of engineering, while also conducting engineering activities of moderate scope or degree of difficulty.
Smiths Medical has a positive impact on someone's life around the world every minute of every day. In fact, over 240 people every minute benefit from a Smiths Medical product. Join us and grow your career while being a part of our continued success! We offer a fun, fast-paced, inspiring and collaborative work environment with opportunities to learn and contribute at all career levels. Innovation is part of who we are, with industry-leading products across a broad spectrum of medical device categories and a strong new product development pipeline.Duties & Responsibilities
- Performs engineering work requiring full competency in all conventional aspects of engineering. Plans and conducts work requiring judgment in the independent evaluation, selection and the substantial adaption of standard engineering techniques, procedures and requirements.
- Conducts engineering activities of moderate scope or degree of difficulty.
- Performs assignments independently with limited supervision as to expected results.
- Performs troubleshooting tasks as related to product problems.
- Involved in preparation of documentation associated with engineering activities.
- Coaches and develops associate engineers.
- Conducts testing for assigned projects.
- Determines resolution of moderate technical issues as needed and assures that technical work meets specified requirements
- Contributes to corrective action development and alternatives.
- Understands and follows requirements of SOPs.
- This position is required to assure compliance of Company operations to all applicable laws, regulations and standards, good business practices and company documented procedures (including knowledge of all standards, government occupational health and environmental regulations and statutes related to the site).
- Engage others, promote, and participate in Environmental, Health, and Safety initiatives, focusing on continuous improvement.
We believe that different perspectives and backgrounds are what make a company flourish. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, economic status, disability, age, or any other legally protected characteristics. We are proud to be an inclusive company with values grounded in equality and ethics, where we celebrate, support, and embrace diversity.The Individual
- University Degree (BA degree) required. 4 year degree or similar qualifications in countries outside the United States.
- Frequent use and application of technical standards, principles, theories, concepts and techniques.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, inside and outside the unit. Ability to work with integrity and build trust.
- Moderate problem solving and analytical ability. Ability to critically review and interpret technical documentation.
- Ability to work accurately with attention to detail. Ability to handle multiple priorities and to meet key deadlines under pressure through effective time management skills.
- Ability to clearly convey ideas and concepts verbally and in writing.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as a team member.
- Ability to travel up to 30%.
- Education requirements can be obtained through an educational institution or gained through equivalent work experience.
In addition to a competitive compensation package, Smiths Medical offers a comprehensive benefit package including Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K and much more!About Smiths
At Smiths we apply leading-edge technology to design, manufacture and deliver market-leading innovative solutions that meet our customers' evolving needs, and touch the lives of millions of people every day. We are a FTSE100, global business of around 23,000 colleagues, based in 55 countries. Our solutions have a real impact on lives across the planet, enabling industry, improving healthcare, enhancing security, advancing connectivity and supporting new homes. Our products and services are often critical to our customers' operations, while our proprietary technology and high service levels help create competitive advantage. We welcome colleagues with a curious mind, who are happy with responsibility, enjoy a challenge and are attracted by the idea of working at a business with an almost 170 year history of innovation, and five global divisions, all experts in their field.About Smiths Medical
Smiths Medical is always looking for people with a passion to positively impact the health and wellbeing of people around the world. If you have a curious mind, relish a challenge and want to make a difference then bring your talents here and your opportunities are endless. We're proud that we've been helping propel the human world forwards during our 160-year history of innovation. By looking at things differently. By adapting and never standing still. And by always thinking big we have introduced some of the most trusted brand names in healthcare. Today we're an aligned global business 8,000 colleagues, that touches the lives of 7 people every second across the globe. So whether you're an experienced professional or just starting out on your career, our global scale and focus on growth means great career opportunities for the right colleagues. There's never been a better time to join Smiths. And help us create the future.
Apply on company website