Looking for a role where you can learn and grow your career? Do you take pride in what you do and love being part of something great? Smyth is looking for passionate individuals who are looking to make a difference. From big moments to everyday moments, you will get the opportunity to make a difference. You will be responsible for bring our customers' products to life and helping to create a customer experience that is second to none. JOIN US!
Smyth is seeking a positive and motivated individual to join our Finishing team supporting our Austin, MN facility. You will be responsible for running finishing equipment that helps that supports our manufacturing requirements, including serving as our back-up Truck Driver for the Finishing department.
What we provide:
Smyth provides a team environment where you will work collaboratively with the Finishing team to assist Smyth in creating and delivering top-quality projects for our customers. This is a great opportunity for a new team member to learn our business while fulfilling the needs of our business.
This is a full-time opportunity, working Monday-Friday 2nd shift. Our full benefit package includes medical, dental, vision, PTO, paid holidays, short- and long-term disability, life insurance, and much more. Compensation will be based on the skills and experiences you bring to Smyth.
Successful candidates should demonstrate these core elements:
- Ability to read and understand written and verbal instructions including those dealing with dimensions and quantity.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide. Ability to read a ruler.
- Able to use material handling equipment, pallet jacks, forklifts, etc.
- Ability to apply written instructions to machine set-up.
- Good knowledge of machine operation and set-up practices.
- Knowledge of the operation and function of the other bindery equipment and machinery.
- Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to solve problems involving several variables in un-standardized situations.
- Self-motivated, ability to work with little supervision and work well within a team.
Skills, Experience, and Credentials
- High School degree or equivalent required.
- One or more years' experience in a similar role in the printing industry preferred.
- Previous experience with Lean Manufacturing and ISO quality systems preferred.
Apply on company website