SS&C is a global provider of investment and financial services and software for the financial services and healthcare industries. Named to Fortune 1000 list as top U.S. company based on revenue, SS&C is headquartered in Windsor, Connecticut and has 20,000+ employees in over 90 offices in 35 countries. Some 18,000 financial services and healthcare organizations, from the world's largest institutions to local firms, manage and account for their investments using SS&C's products and services.
Job DescriptionSenior Insurance and Investment Accountant
Location(s): Remote-US | CT, IN, MA, FL, NY, NJ preferred
Get to Know the Team:
SS&C SmartSource, a division of SS&C Technologies, Inc., is an investment accounting outsource group that provides back and middle office accounting, reporting and operations support to Institutional clients including Insurance Companies.
Why You Will Love It Here!
- Flexibility: Hybrid Work Model & a Business Casual Dress Code, including jeans
- Your Future: 401k Matching Program, Professional Development Reimbursement
- Work/Life Balance: Flexible Personal/Vacation Time Off, Sick Leave, Paid Holidays
- Your Wellbeing: Medical, Dental, Vision, Employee Assistance Program, Parental Leave
- Diversity & Inclusion: Committed to Welcoming, Celebrating and Thriving on Diversity
- Training: Hands-On, Team-Customized, including SS&C University
- Extra Perks: Discounts on fitness clubs, travel and more!
What You'll Get to Do:
- Perform the daily and monthly processing, reconciliation, and reporting functions for traditional and complex asset types.
- Prepare and perform controls on monthly general ledgers feeds for US GAAP, US STAT, IFRS and other Local GAAPs.
- Review and resolve differences on daily data reconciliations.
- Review and resolve differences on reconciliations against multiple custodians and/or asset managers.
- Identify inefficiencies in the current production process and make recommendations on how to fix them.
- Address ad hoc inquiries and assist on projects.
- Document and cross-train processes.
- Liaise with clients on a day to day basis
- Manage change control requests and issue logs.
What You'll Bring:
- Solid understanding of practical application of accounting rules for investments under US GAAP and IFRS.
- Strong background with simple and complex investment products.
- Business related degree.
- CPA, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent qualification a plus
- 4+ years' experience of investment accounting or equivalent work experience in the insurance industry.
- Proven ability to meet daily and monthly deliverables.
- Strong communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task effectively .
- Strong analytical skills and ability to remain highly organized in a deadline driven environment while maintaining strict attention to detail.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite, with advanced working knowledge of Excel.
Thank you for your interest in SS&C! To further explore this opportunity, please apply through our careers page on the corporate website at www.ssctech.com/careers.
Unless explicitly requested or approached by SS&C Technologies, Inc. or any of its affiliated companies, the company will not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies, or fee-based recruitment services. SS&C offers excellent benefits including health, dental, 401k plan, tuition and professional development reimbursement plan. SS&C Technologies is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant for employment or employee on the basis of race, color, religious creed, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other classification protected by applicable discrimination laws.NYC: Salary range for the position: 60000 USD to 120000 USD. The successful candidate may be eligible for an annual discretionary incentive compensation award. Jersey City, NJ: Salary range for the position: 60000 USD to 120000 USD. The successful candidate may be eligible for an annual discretionary incentive compensation award.
California: Salary range for the position: 60000 USD to 120000 USD. The successful candidate may be eligible for an annual discretionary incentive compensation award.Washington: Salary range for the position: 60000 USD to 120000 USD. The successful candidate may be eligible for an annual discretionary incentive compensation award. Benefits: SS&C offers the following benefits for this position, subject to applicable eligibility requirements: Medical/Dental/Vision/Life Insurance, Paid holidays plus Paid Time Off, 401(k) plan and contributions, Long-term/Short-term Disability. Disclaimer: The salary, other compensation, and benefits information is accurate as of the date of this posting. SS&C reserves the right to modify this information at any time, subject to applicable law.
Apply on company website