Do you have the PRN career opportunities as a(an) PACU Registered Nurse PRN you want with your current employer? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join St. Davids Medical Center which is part of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, HCA Healthcare.Benefits
We are committed to providing our employees with the support they need. At St. Davids Medical Center, we offer an array of benefits for PRN colleagues. Some of our unique benefits we offer include:
- Medical Benefits designed to meet the requirements of the Affordable Care Act
- Wellbeing Resources
- 401K (100% annual match - 3% to 9% of pay based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
- HCA Healthcare Hope Fund
- Disaster Relief Support
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Our teams are a committed, caring group of colleagues. Do you want to work as a(an) PACU Registered Nurse PRN where your passion for creating positive patient interactions are valued? If you are dedicated to caring for the well-being of others, this could be your next opportunity. We want your knowledge and expertise!Job Summary and Qualifications
As a Registered Nurse (RN) in the Post Anesthesia Care Unit (PACU), you will plan, implement, evaluate, and document nursing care for assigned patients. You will provide a clean, efficient and safe environment within the work area.
* You will complete an age-appropriate assessment on each assigned patient and create a specific plan of care upon patient arrival
* You will obtain supplies, equipment, and medication needed for patient care
* You will monitor the patient throughout the recovery phase
* You will administer IV therapy
* You will recognize and report variations in patient condition to the appropriate individuals (physician, anesthesiologist, clinical nurse coordinator)
* You will make rounds to check equipment cleanliness and appropriate storage
* You will monitor narcotic and medication control
* 2 years of experience as a Registered Nurse (RN) in an acute care setting OR previous Post Anesthesia Care Unit (PACU)/critical care experience
* Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)
Licenses and Certifications
* Current State of Texas Registered Nurse (RN) license or Compact Registered Nursing License. If Compact License, Texas license must be obtained within 90 days of hire
* Basic Life Support (BLS) certification per St. David's Healthcare policy
* Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS) certification per St. David's Healthcare policy
* Certified Post Anesthesia Nurse (CPAN) certification – preferred
* Certified Ambulatory Perianesthesia Nurse (CAPA) certification – preferred
* Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) certification – preferred
St. David's Medical Center is a full-service hospital located in central Austin, Texas. This 300+ bed facility features a 24-hour emergency department, the region's largest Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU), and the internationally-renowned Texas Cardiac Arrhythmia Institute and St. David's Neuroscience & Spine Institute. The full scope of services provided at St. David's Medical Center includes cancer care, heart and vascular care, imaging services, joint replacement and orthopedics, women's services, complex surgical services, and a Bariatric Surgery Center. The facility is home to a 60+ bed rehabilitation hospital providing both inpatient and outpatient comprehensive care.
St. David's Medical Center is part of St. David's HealthCare, which is one of the largest healthcare systems in Texas and the third-largest employer in the Austin area. St. David's HealthCare was formed through a unique partnership between HCA Healthcare and two local non-profits — St. David's Foundation and Georgetown Health Foundation.
HCA Healthcare has been named one of the World's Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere Institute for over a decade. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses."Bricks and mortar do not make a hospital. People do."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply for our PACU Registered Nurse PRN opening. We review all applications. Qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status
Apply on company website