DescriptionSHIFT: Nights (rotating weekends)
Do you have the career opportunities as a Manager of Critical Care you want in your current role? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join St. David's South Austin Medical Center, a facility that is part of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, HCA Healthcare.
At St. David's South Austin Medical Center we want to ensure your needs are met. We offer a variety of comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans along with some unique benefits including:
- Student Loan Repayment
- Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs
- Paid Personal Leave
- 401k (100% annual match – 3%-9% of pay based on years of service)
- Identity Theft Protection discounts
- Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
- Adoption Assistance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
- You will help create a superior clinical identity by operationalizing evidence-based practices to enhance patient safety and quality outcomes. You will ensure adherence to standards of care.
- You will support efforts to reduce variation in clinical practice and improve efficiency, effectiveness, and cost. You will ensure a culture of accountability and transparency in the provision of care.
- You will support the achievement of internal/external benchmarks, accreditations, and designations.
- You will ensure compliance with all policies, procedures, and regulatory standards.
- You will ensure equipment maintenance is performed regularly and according to regulatory and/or accreditation standards.
- You will manage admissions and discharge processes to ensure efficient throughput and high quality, patient-centered care.
- You will facilitate effective interdisciplinary care coordination within and across departments. You will ensure staff with appropriate clinical competencies are assigned to meet patient care needs.
- You will manage nursing practice and unit operations. You will monitor and evaluate the provision of nursing care in accordance with established policies/procedures to ensure patient and family needs are assessed and met.
- You contribute to our success. Every role has an impact on our patients' lives and you have the opportunity to make a difference. We are looking for a dedicated Manager of Critical Care like you to be a part of our team.
- You will ensure high quality, patient-centered care through oversight of the overall daily function and staffing of the unit/department. You will monitor and evaluate the provision of nursing care in accordance with established policies/procedures and holds staff accountable for quality and clinical outcomes in support of facility objectives.
- You will represent the organization positively within the community; participates in company-supported community/patient events and in-services.
- You will manage staff scheduling. Maintains staffing in accordance with patient care needs and established productivity guidelines.
St. David's South Austin Medical Center, which is part of St. David's HealthCare, is a 334-bed acute care facility offering a range of complex specialties and sub-specialties, including a nationally accredited oncology program with the area's only adult bone marrow transplant program; a trauma program that includes a Level II trauma center to treat the most severely injured and critical patients; a comprehensive cardiac program; full-service maternity and newborn care; and two full-service emergency centers in the communities of Bee Cave and Bastrop.
HCA Healthcare has been continually named a World's Most Ethical Company by Ethisphere since 2010. In 2018, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.3 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply for our Manager of Critical Care opening. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
LEVEL OF FORMAL EDUCATION REQUIRED: Bachelor's Degree in Nursing
LICENSE/CERTIFICATION REQUIRED: Currently licensed in the state of Texas as a Registered Nurse or identified compact state license. (*If compact license, Texas license must be obtained within 90 days of hire or establishment of Texas residency).
BLS & ACLS certifications required
EXPERIENCE REQUIRED: Minimum of three years experience in quality management/ performance improvement and management in an acute care hospital environment.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website