SCHEDULE: PRN/Per Diem
Medical Assistant/Medical Office Specialist
St. Mark's Hospital
Do you want to be a part of a family and not just another employee? Are you looking for a work environment where diversity and inclusion thrive? Submit your application today and find out what it truly means to be a part of a team. We have an exciting opportunity for you to join the nation's largest provider of healthcare services as a Medical Assistant/Medical Office Specialist.
As a Medical Office Specialist/Medical Assistant in the Pain Clinic at our facility you be joining a team that is passionate about providing excellent patient care and committed to supporting one another. In this role:
- You will perform front office functions including patient relations, appointment scheduling, telephone duties, insurance verification, and preauthorization of visit.
- You will handle medical records and complete filing, faxing, copying, and computer work for the clinic.
- You will be responsible for assisting in the coordination of patient care from the time of referral through the follow-up care.
- You will call each patient to gather intake information acquiring a comprehensive and detailed summary of pain history.
- You will perform lab procedures within the scope of your training and certification.
- You will be responsible for assisting the physician or mid-level practitioner in direct patient care.
For the past 145 years, St. Mark's Hospital has provided a full-spectrum of healthcare services to Salt Lake City and its surrounding communities. As Utah's first hospital, St. Mark's team members uphold a rich tradition of patient-centered, top-quality care. With 317 patient beds and 1,500 employees and volunteers, St. Mark's thrives on treating patients as if they're family. Such compassionate care is achieved by collaboration, kindness and state-of-the-art care.
St. Mark's is part of HCA's network of more than 300 affiliate hospitals, outpatient centers and business offices across the country. HCA and St. Mark's are all about caring for people, and that care extends to patients, families and employees.
If you find this opportunity compelling, we encourage you to apply. We promptly review all applications. If you are highly qualified you will hear from one of our managers. We are actively interviewing so apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- Certificate in Medical Assisting, C.N.A., or equivalent preferred.
- Certificate of completion from a Medical Assistant program.
- Completion of course work in medical assistant program.
- One year of outpatient clinic experience preferred.
- Great customer service skills and computer knowledge required.
- Limited medical terminology related to equipment, supplies, and support preferred.
- American Red Cross or American Heart Association Basic Life Support Course (BLS or BCLS) and Certification.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website