SCHEDULE: PRN/Per Diem
ARRT (MR) Required
Interested, but short on time? Click here to apply in less than a minute!
St. Petersburg General Hospital is a Joint Commission accredited full-service 215-bed acute care facility, providing comprehensive emergency, diagnostic, medical, surgical and women's services including labor and delivery, post-partum and nursery. St Pete General is a designated Blue Distinction Center + for Maternity Care; accredited as a Breast Center with Digital Imaging and Computer Aided Detection; Chest Pain Center; Certified Advanced Primary Stroke and AFib Center; Accredited Cancer Center and a GYN Robotic Surgery Training Epicenter. Other services include The Pelvic Pain and Incontinence Center and The Orthopedic Center for Joint Replacement and Spine Surgery.
St. Pete General is currently accepting applications for a Florida-licensed MRI Technologist on a PRN/per diem basis. ARRT (MR) and BLS required. Flexible availability to cover varied shifts on weekdays and weekends is necessary for consideration.
Under the direct supervision of the Chief Radiologist in the Department of Radiology the incumbent produces diagnostic images of brain, spinal cord, head & neck region, chest, abdomen, pelvis, large joints and other areas of the human anatomy and vasculature utilizing Magnetic Resonance Imaging equipment. Other duties include but are not limited to:
- Performs basic scan protocols, advanced protocols (i.e., MR Angiography, MR Spectroscopy, MR Interventional and Echo Planar Imaging)
- Implements policies and procedures for the Department of Radiology for Quality Control and advanced ACR accreditation in MRI
- Ensures performance of imaging procedures is in accordance with departmental policies and procedures
- Competently performs the MRI procedure on neonates, infants, children, teens, adults and geriatric patients to provide physician with diagnostic results
- Operates a MedRad power injector to properly load, prescribe and dispense IV contrast material under the direct supervision of a radiologist
- Performs venipuncture for the administration of paramagnetic contrast media
- Films scan results utilizing a laser camera and processes via automatic equipment
- Applicants would also be expected to help with post-processing and data handling, as well as teaching of visiting physicians and technologists
- Responsible for accurate and timely completion of patient documentation
- Initiates proper requests for required maintenance or repair of equipment and/or devices
- Operates the Radiology Information System/RIS computer and the Hospital Information System/HIS computer for patient registration, on-line ordering of medical supplies, review of lab results, and review of system bulletin boards and e-mail
- Maintains a clean, safe and orderly work and patient care areas
- Instructs and in-services student technologists
- Encourages, promotes and initiates processes and activities which work toward achieving service excellence in the Department of Radiology
- Actively participates and oversees the Hospital MRI Safety Program
Are you looking for a company that places integrity over their bottom line? At HCA Healthcare, our everyday decisions are founded on compassion. Apply today and join a team that is dedicated to serving others in need.
- Associate degree
- Valid Florida licensure (CRT)
- ARRT (MR) certification
- BLS (Basic Life Support) certification though the American Heart Association
- Minimum of 2-4 years of MRI Technologist experience, preferably in an acute-care hospital setting
- Must be able to lift/carry 50 pounds
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website