Stifel's Financial Planning department is looking to add a seasoned financial planning professional to our growing team. In this role, the Financial Planning Manager will manage, conduct, and coordinate the day to day financial planning activities, process and workflow, including the plan creation, review and presentation process. The Manager is also responsible for ensuring an efficient and productive work environment for all team members and helps guide the work of more junior level financial planners. The Financial Planning Manager maintains high visibility among Financial Advisors and gains their trust and confidence in order to help improve their ability to serve their clients. This position recognizes areas of department need and provides suggested solutions to strengthen and improve department efficiency and the overall financial planning process. This position manages a team of 5-10 financial planning members. The ideal candidate will have a combination of sales, compliance, and management experience as well as their CFP, ChFC, AWMA, CEP, or CLU designations in addition to the required licensing and education.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Oversees the daily processes of the team and ensures that daily processing is complete, accurate and within the policies and procedures of the Firm.
- Plans, directs, coordinates, and oversees the activities of planners managed in department as well as ensures the area is managed in a coordinated effort with the other areas of the wealth planning department (estate planning, tax planning, marketing, and compliance).
- Cross-trains with the other teams in the department and be responsive to the needs and goals of the Wealth Planning Department as a whole.
- Lead the development, integration, and implementation involved with enhancements and new feature rollouts of MoneyGuidePro, Stifel's financial planning software. Be at the forefront in learning the software's functions and capabilities and provide training to team members and Financial Advisors.
- Gather applicable data and prepare financial plans for more complex or high net worth clients, most notably, VIP plans.
- Presents financial plans to clients and prospects with Financial Advisors via WebEx, conference calls and possibly in-person if applicable.
- Review financial plans created by team members, including VIP plans, to ensure accuracy and compliance with regulatory, Firm and department policies.
- Delivers recruit presentations.
- Maintain and update as necessary departmental procedures with Wealth Planning Compliance Analyst.
- Provide guidance and support to all team members and act as first contact for any general planning or review questions that may arise on day-to-day basis.
- Train new planners on the planning software along with financial planning best practices and policies and procedures. Will also use quality control spreadsheet to determine areas where established planners may require more thorough training.
- Development and mentoring of planners. Conduct informal quarterly performance reviews with each associate supervised
- Serve as initial contact for team members when an issue involving a Financial Advisor arises. Conduct the necessary information gathering to determine needs and if possible quell the issue. If no resolution can be reached, use best judgment on escalating the issue to Director.
- Establish and maintain relationships with associates managed and Financial Advisors to provide assistance with problems. Ability to research and resolve requests, complaints, and discrepancies.
- Prepare and maintain planner statistics such as volume of plans prepared, types of plans created, accuracy, plan turnaround times, etc. for Director.
- Thorough knowledge of financial planning software systems.
- Ability to perform and train all positions supervised.
- Experience reviewing financial planning reports.
- Thorough understanding of the securities industry in general.
- Detailed understanding of financial planning services and techniques.
- Solid and reliable mathematical skills.
- In-depth understanding of financial planning process, fiduciary standards and rules and regulations covered under the Investment Adviser Act of 1940.
- Strong working knowledge of financial products and services.
- Knowledgeable in Stifel's policies/procedures and industry regulations related to financial planning business.
- Excellent leadership skills. Ability to motivate individuals to work together as a team to complete tasks and achieve goals.
- Willingness and ability to travel when required (limited).
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- Minimum Required: Business Degree in related field or equivalent work related experience; MBA preferred.
- Minimum Required: 8+ years securities industry experience with 4+ years financial planning experience; sales, compliance, and management experience preferred.
LICENSES AND CREDENTIALS
- Minimum Required: NASD Series 7, 66 (or 63 and 65 in lieu of 66), Life, Health, and Long-Term Care Insurance Licenses
- CFP®, ChFC, AWMA, CEP, CLU designations preferred.
SYSTEMS AND TECHNOLOGY
- MS Office products
- Financial Planning software: MoneyGuidePro
Apply on company website